• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

ok i have bought..

Status
Not open for further replies.

annaleaze

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
chardonnay carrots.. brocolli... cauliflour... honeydew melon... parsley plant lol... spinach and lambs leaf lettace... cucumber... baby tomatoes... and a basil plant!

is this what i need for our guinea pigs who are coming home tomorrow?
do i need anything else? do i need to peel the carrots? how do i prepare these things i have and how much can they have?!

also have hay and nuggets :))

Oh they are in for a lovely treat! I dont peel carrots as the skin is were the vitamins are. I eat the peel myself too just wash them. One day to go!

ok so do i cut them up? or put them in whole? and what about the melon? do they like the skins? or actual fruit?

can they eat apples?

I tend to cut most things up for them but they can be chunky bits, def cut up celery as it is stringy
Yes they like skins
Yes you can feed apple but it quite acidic so don't feed v often
They should only get 1 cup of veggies per day ie a baking measure cup so best to choose a variety of the things you have and measure out for them.
Sounds like they will have a feast!

ok so do i cut them up? or put them in whole? and what about the melon? do they like the skins? or actual fruit?

can they eat apples?
My girls prefer melon skin to the fruit which is strange! Always cut up vegetables not put them in whole.

excellent thank you everyone. so basically i need to chop it all up into chunks. they ok with lambs leaf lettace?

Oooh i'm excited for you!

I like to cut my veggies up quite small and sit with them to feed them the first few pieces by hand each evening. I've had them 6 weeks now and they come up to the doorway and take them from my hand (and chew the cage bars inbetween mouthfulls to ask for more!). This way they get to associate the positive experience of veg with you!

That sounds like a feast they have there! I'd ask what veg they're used to getting when you pick them up tomorrow so you can give them the same and just one or two new ones to try. I heard that because of their delicate tummies they shouldn't be introduced to a lot of new foods all at once. Am sure one of the more experienced owners will be along to advise on this though!

You should try to give them one veg every day thats rich in vit c - I alternate between a slice of pepper, a few sprigs of fresh parsley and broccoli (they hate broccoli night though)

Best of luck tomorrow! Cant wait to see pics! x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back