• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Okay I’m scared!

Sabrina-piggy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
AHHH my guinea pig just spent around 3/4 minuets regurgitating, it’s like she wants to eat but when she’s trying to eat she pushes at her cheeks to get it out. I have no idea what this is it has happened before once really badly after she ate some veggies but I don’t understand because she was eating just fine earlier, I’m so scared and I have no clue what’s going on, it could be a teeth problem but should I do, her sister is going to the vet Tuesday for a checkup but should I wait that long!😭😭😭

AHHH my guinea pig just spent around 3/4 minuets regurgitating, it’s like she wants to eat but when she’s trying to eat she pushes at her cheeks to get it out. I have no idea what this is it has happened before once really badly after she ate some veggies but I don’t understand because she was eating just fine earlier, I’m so scared and I have no clue what’s going on, it could be a teeth problem but should I do, her sister is going to the vet Tuesday for a checkup but should I wait that long!😭😭😭

Please check her mouth in case she has got something stuck or see an out-of-hours vet ASAP.

Please check her mouth in case she has got something stuck or see an out-of-hours vet ASAP.
She’s eating hay and she had her bell pepper but every now and then she’ll pass at the back of her mouth and push the food back up to rechew it, she’s still pooping tons too and she doesn’t feel bloated I’m so scared should I go to an emergency vet or should I wait till the morning

She’s eating hay and she had her bell pepper but every now and then she’ll pass at the back of her mouth and push the food back up to rechew it, she’s still pooping tons too and she doesn’t feel bloated I’m so scared should I go to an emergency vet or should I wait till the morning

If you are as scared as that, please see a vet now as your will only fret yourself to shreds overnight.
Otherwise it can wait until tomorrow morning as long as your girl is able to eat and swallow. It is most likely something stuck in her mouth that is causing her a degree of discomfort and not an overgrowing tooth for which you would report different symptoms. ;)

Okay so she’s eating and drinking but when she’s eating her pellets and hay sometimes she’ll paw at her mouth and try to spit it up she has an appointment on Monday is there anything I could do till then?

Back