• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Old Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosierum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I thought I would tell you about my past furry friends. I'm sorry but this will be a long post (it might need more than one part)
Over the years I have had many small furry friends. We couldn't have a dog when I was little because of my parents allergies so we were only allowed pets that could live outside. So when I was 7 I got a rabbit and my brother got a guinea pig to live together (we didn't know better at the time). I could never handle her because she was too fast but I loved her to bits. She started my bunny obsession. She was 4 when she died

Here they are .... Lucy the dwarf bunny and her friend Albert the guinea pig

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Once Lucy died that was to be the end of small pets. Until my dad (who loves animals about as much as me but is sadly alergic) rescued a little white bunny whos owners were moving abroad. Her name was Snowy. Snowy was the most beautiful bunny with an attitude to match. She was a little madam. She lived the longest of my pets. She was 9 we worked out after she died.

My little bunny diva Snowy

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

At the same time my brother got a pair of guineas who he named Debs and Josie. Now I have got to know my current piggy girls I wish I had got to know these girls better but they were wonderful to watch. They gave us the slip while they were out on the grass once and hid under a huge bush.

Debs (Pew) and Josie (brown)

IMG_0008.jpg

When my brother got his 2 guineas I decided in my young jealous wisdom that he had more pets than me so I wanted another rabbit. My Mum was adamant that I couldn't have another bunny but one day I went to the pet shop for a "look" with my dad and the rest is history. We came home with a sweet lop who I called Suzy. She was so tiny when we got her she used to lick me. She was the sweetest thing. She died too young as far as I was concerned. At the time Snowy was a lot older so I assumed she would go first.

Sweet Suzy

IMG_0004.jpg

When Suzy died It left an empty hole which I needed to fill. But I was not allowed any more pets. By this point I was earning my own money so I went out and bought a bunny in secret and brought her home. As you can guess my Mum wasn't best pleased but when she saw her liitle face she calmed down. Annie was a long haired beauty whos fur bounced when she did. I bought her a big double level hutch and she had a huge run. Sadly I lost her to fly strike at the age of just 2. If there is anyone who has lost a bunny to fly strike you will know how devastating it is. To this day I blame myself for her death.

Annie how I miss you baby

IMG_0011.jpg

....more to come....

Awwwww what lovely pets, and stories too :)

Now for the many hamsters. There are so many I will just name them and show you their cute faces. I will post more about some of them later.

For now enjoy

Timmy my first hammy. He was tame from the day I got him

IMG_0012.jpg

Then came Scamp who escaped a fair few times and seemed to enjoy turning up in cupboards. Once I lost him in my room so I shouted on him and he came out from under a set of shelves and looked up at me.

IMG_0005.jpg

Then I had a spate of short lived hamsters for various reasons.

Spike
IMG_0008-1.jpg

Poppy
IMG_0009.jpg

And Buffy who I sadly have no photos of

After this I waited for a few months before getting anymore hammies until I got Fudge. He was a little escape artist.

IMG_0003.jpg

Then came Peanut who was my most intelligent hamster he seemed to be able to get out of any cage unless I padlocked it. He survived at least 2 strokes and eventually died of old age at almost 3.

IMG_0001.jpg

Ozy came next.

DSC00251.jpg

Then Millie

DSC00024.jpg

And more......

Kiki

DSC00480.jpg

And then Sable

SL380255.jpg

And most recently little Pip and Hamlet

DSC05368.jpg

DSC06189.jpg

I think I need to lie down now hope you enjoyed

Love your first two rabbits! Lucy and snowy...I've been thinking about getting one for a while now...one day I'm sure I will :))

Beautiful pets :)
I lost my first bunny to flystrike, she was only 2 as well. i was only young at the time, but it is still so heart breaking. I'm so obsessive with my current bunnies every summer!

Wow you've had a BUNCH of pets! They are all so gorgeous including your brother's guinea pigs. I love the last picture of that hamster just clinging on to his treat thing. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back