• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ollie Having His Pre Op Today For Neutering

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinandCharlie

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
he is 6 months old and living with Kevin and Charlie but I have noticed hes started getting a little aggressive with them. Keeps humping them and other things. So today he's having a pre op to make sure its ok to have the op. If alls well then he can have it done some time this week.

Best of luck for Ollie, will he be moving away from Kevin and Charlie then? I only ask as neutering doesn't change a boars behaviour in guinea pigs at all so if you were hoping to keep them as a trio it would be putting him through an operation unnecessarily

He will be living with my 3 girls :-)
Best of luck for Ollie, will he be moving away from Kevin and Charlie then? I only ask as neutering doesn't change a boars behaviour in guinea pigs at all so if you were hoping to keep them as a trio it would be putting him through an operation unnecessarily

I hope the pre-op went well! I remember having the go-ahead for Thor and it was like "yaaay he's healthy!... Oh my god how scary!" :)) We'll all be here for moral support if you need it! x

Thank you :-). I'm not going until today now at 5:15. Did thors op go ok?
I hope the pre-op went well! I remember having the go-ahead for Thor and it was like "yaaay he's healthy!... Oh my god how scary!" :)) We'll all be here for moral support if you need it! x

Yeah, everything was fine thank you :) He took a little while to pick up after the anaesthetic so I stayed home with him and made sure he kept eating, but he soon perked up when he saw the girls through the cage bars! He has been living with mummy Widget and Aunty Pixel since last September and is happy as larry!

Great that all has gone well. Please weigh him daily at the same time and keep a regular eye out for any swelling in the groin area in the next half year (abscess or hernia). Also see your vet asap if there is a sudden loss of appetite (sign of an infection).

Great that all has gone well. Please weigh him daily at the same time and keep a regular eye out for any swelling in the groin area in the next half year (abscess or hernia). Also see your vet asap if there is a sudden loss of appetite (sign of an infection).

He hasn't had it done yet. He's going Thursday morning at 9am. He just went today to see if it was fine to operate

He hasn't had it done yet. He's going Thursday morning at 9am. He just went today to see if it was fine to operate

OK - if you want tips on how to best prepare for post-op care, please open a thread in our health/illness section.

Yeah, everything was fine thank you :) He took a little while to pick up after the anaesthetic so I stayed home with him and made sure he kept eating, but he soon perked up when he saw the girls through the cage bars! He has been living with mummy Widget and Aunty Pixel since last September and is happy as larry!
Are they allowed to have hay at first in the cage? I noticed some people said they put towels down for a week or so at first? Aww I bet he loves it. Ollies gonna love being with 3 sows.

Yes, they can have hay, ideally only soft stuff, no stalky bits in order to avoid damage to the freshly operated area.

It would be best if you opened a thread in the health/illness section for all these questions, post op info and ongoing support. The Care section is there for advice while the chat section is for chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back