• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

One of my pair just passed

lilpigpiglets

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I’ve been preparing for my guinea pig who was 7’s death for a while as I had noticed her becoming slower and less energetic for a few months. When she was 4 her sister died so I got a new guinea pig who is 3 now.
This morning the 7 year old passed so I have moved the 3 year old into my bedroom. Of course with the recent circumstances I can’t just rehome her or take her to the local guinea pig rescue. (I would still like to have guinea pigs but In a few years I will be going to uni and I will not be able to take them with me, so it’s only fair to rehome her as soon as it’s safe to.)
Previously they were housed in a 2x4 C&C in my shed however this will not fit in my bedroom so I’ve had to use a small pets at home cage so she at least has some form of company in the mean time. Is this ok for now?

First off I’m really sorry for the loss of your piggies. Please feel free to leave in the memorial post in the rainbow bridge section of the forum.
Good idea to bring your other little one inside.
How big is the cage?
sorry once again for your loss

Sorry about your loved piggie.
It's a testing time for all of us and you wanting the best for you remaining piggie is warming.
The size as you say is small and temporary and it really is. piggies like to run and play etc you know this . . . be very strange for piggie losing it's mate and home. . . I hope a rescue centre can help

So sorry for your loss x
Can you use the C&C grids to make a cage to fit in your bedroom as the 47 x 80 cm cage is really small x

Back