• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

One pig at vets another at home

Lauren1601

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have two girls. I’ve just had to leave one at the vet to be spayed as she has ovarian cysts. I’m picking her up on Saturday. Until then they will both be on there own. One at home and one at the vets. I’m worried that they will get depressed or not recognise each other when they are put back together. Does anyone have any experience with this and can offer some advice?

I am sorry your guinea pig needs surgery, but it sounds like she is in the best place for now.

I am not an expert, but when you do reintroduce them on Saturday I would pop them both in a neutral area until you are sure they are ok, and in the meantime clean their cage thoroughly, so neither guinea pig feels territorial.

I would also ask the vet if you can swap fleecy pads between the cage at home and the one at the clinic, so they still smell their companion.

Thank you for your reply. The swapping of the fleece is a good idea. I hadn’t thought of that. 😁 and yeah I’ll make sure to do it in neutral territory. I’m just hoping everything will be fine ☺️

Back