• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

One year with a special piggy

Mo & Stubbins & Vani

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It has been one year since Stubbins first became sick. Caring for a special needs piggy is tough, but the experience has been so rewarding.
I have never actually talked about how she first became sick, but I thought I should, as you have all been so kind to me, and I feel like you deserve to know.
When she was five months old, Stubbins developed a serve URI. Our former vet assured us that everything would be fine and sent us home with Baytril. Unfortunately, the dose that she gave us was much too high for such a young piggy, and Stubbins' intestines became damaged. To this day, she has trouble absorbing nutrients and struggles to digest food. As a result, she can no longer eat veggies and has diarrhea quite frequently. I used to feel mad at the vet, but these days, I like to focus on how lucky I am to have such a wonderful piglet in my life. :)

Attachments

Zanzan

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You and her have done so well to get her to where she is now. She must be a tough cookie, I remember some of your posts when she was so poorly and you were so desperate. She's such a lovely little lady and a credit to you 💜

RosieLily

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
She is so pretty! I love her pattern! What a lucky piggy she is to have you.

Bill & Ted

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Aw, Stubbins is a beauty and a very special piggie. It‘s hard caring for a piggie with long term problems, I know that with my dental piggie Ted. You have been amazing throughout. So caring and I remember all your concerned post about Stubbins and knew the anguish you where going through. I’m so glad you have got to a place where you can enjoy her and not be constantly worrying x

David Piggie Lover

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
My little heart goes out to you and Stubbins.
What a beautiful.little guy and well done for giving him so much tlc. :clap:

weepweeps

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
She’s a beauty. Well done for all your hard work to get her to where she is now. ❤

YvonneBlue

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
You have done such a wonderful job caring for Stubbins. She looks to be a happy and contented piggy thanks to you. May she have many more years with you. ❤