• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Oozing Absess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey Dawg

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Can I put peroxide on Pig Pig..he has an absess that is oozing black paste...

Can I put peroxide on Pig Pig..he has an absess that is oozing black paste...
Oh no - please don't use peroxide.

That sounds like a nasty wound. I really think it is a good idea to get a vet to look at it.

A safe anti-septic is a saline solution. You can make your own with a small amount of salt in boiled-cooled water, but other than that I am not sure of what you can do until you get him to the vet. Is it an absess or a sebaceous cyst?

A safe anti-septic is a saline solution. You can make your own with a small amount of salt in boiled-cooled water, but other than that I am not sure of what you can do until you get him to the vet. Is it an absess or a sebaceous cyst?
Not sure...it was a knot for a couple months..then it opened up on its own..and this black toothpaste like substance is coming from the hole...doesn't smell..doesn't seem to be bothering him at all... Just want it clean!

You can use saline. If it doesn't smell, it may be a cyst... abscesses typically have a very distinctive odor that you would definitely notice! I would get it seen by a vet to definitively check it, though. Saline won't irritate it and can help to flush the area. If you don't want to make your own, you can buy sterile saline for contact lens wearers (it's what I've used on my pig's abscesses in the past.) Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back