• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Opaque Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawz

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am going to take him to vets...but last night when i fed my lot their veggies all of them was fine and climbing the mesh for their veggies and they cleaned their bowls in minutes.
This morning ive uncovered them and Henry has come straight forward for his grub and ive noticed his left eye is opaque. There is no discharge and hes eating,drinking and running around fine. I checked his eye and he doesnt appear to have anything in it, but i just wondered what i could do to help ease any irritation until i can get him to my GP savvy vet tomorrow or saturday hopefully.
Can Optrex be used or other eye drops?

Please have him seen tomorrow. It sounds like an ulcer on the eye if the opaqueness is on the eye surface, so it would be better if you had it checked and properly treated. With the right treatment, most eye scratches and hay pokes heal off quickly, nearly as quickly as they come on. Don't treat on spec; if seen promptly, the discomfort is not yet all that great.

yeah of course i intend to i just wanted to enquire if theres anything further i can do in meantime, as i know how it feels for us to have a bad eye

yeah of course i intend to i just wanted to enquire if theres anything further i can do in meantime, as i know how it feels for us to have a bad eye

No, just have it seen asap, so you get the the right kind of eye drops according to what is going on.

Aw, bless him! Hope he is ok and you have got something to give him for it. They do like to scare us don't they?!? x

Thank you :) They sure do AuntyC.
First was one of my others with shocking teeth thanks to neglect before i rescued her…and now lil man.
Happens though i guess…just pulls the heartstrings because he is fine in every other way and not letting it bother him at all.
Just pray vet can fit me in …if not will have to find another one

Checked his eye last night and i got out an inch long piece of grass.
Boiled the kettle and dunked a tea bag for a bit, let it cool right down and then bathed his eye (done wonders for other piggies eye) Vet can't squeeze me in today so am taking him in morning, but he already looks a lot happier - so would we if we had that in eye!
I had some pain relief left over from other piggy when she had dental work, and vet advised i can give that for now to help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back