• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Operation Bungle UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As many of you know I have been searching for a long haired piggy as a companion for Zippy after Georgie died. Having not been able to find the right piggy, despite having lots of help from people on the forum I finally found my Bungle :). Thankyou Deb for all your help with this. He is a baby coronet pig from a breeder in Kent. He is coming a long way to Yorkshire on Monday thanks to the kindness of Ellie, Kate and Beks!

Here he is in the pic I first saw him in...

mon14augpickles027.jpg

he is 7 weeks old and currently in a car with Ellie who has gone out of her way today to collect him for me and take him home. Apparently he is asleep on her! He will be lodging with Ellie tonight and then going to Kate's in the morning. From there he will travel with Kate to Beks in Notingham and then meet up with me as Beks and Kate pass on their way to Scotland.

To say I am excited is the understatement of the year! Will tell you all about him when he arrives on Monday... fingers crossed he and Zippy will get on well and be lifelong pals. Cannot thank all my dear friends here on The Guinea Pig Forum who have made this possible. Especially Ellie and Luke who have gone out of their way for me today on a several hour long round trip!

He looks lovely Susie,I hope he and Zippy are life long friends, I might even get to see him before Kate leaves for Beks as I am piggie sitting :D

Aw lucky you Carol! Baby pigs are so cute... so give him a hug from me. Exciting or what? bet he wil be sooo handsome when grown too

He will I am sure, we will need lots of pigtures as he is growing up :) Can`t wait to give him a cuddle.

I got back just over an hour ago.

We left the house at 9:30 this morning but had to quickly go over to my mum's to get a pet carrier so we probably left Rugby about 10. We had sat nav so we could see the estimated time we were going to get there which was 12 (the time I arranged with the lady who had Bungle!). There was so much traffic on the way there on the M1 and M25 that we finally got to Maidstone Services at 1:40pm! It was only meant to take 2 and a half hours, not 4 hours!

I forgot to attach a water bottle and put food in the carrier as I quickly got the carrier from my mums house so Luke rang his sister to ask if there was a Pets at Home in Maidstone which there was so we put the postcode into sat nav which found us Pets at Home straight away (about 15mins away from Maidstone Services!).

On the way back, Bungle just lay completely flat with his legs out and shut his eyes. He absolutely loved cuddling into the blankets. I put the waterbottle so it was attatched to the carrier but put the bottle inside with the silver bit poking out of the carrier so he went and had a drink when he wanted. I also had a bowl of food for him but he didn't seem very interested in it.

Anyways... here is a video which I have just shot of Bungle on my sofa. http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/squeaky-pigs/?action=view&current=IMGP1383.flv

He is absolutely gorgeous! - Was def worth the long 7 and half hour day! lol

Aww Ellie you really are the best... I'm not sure how I can ever return a favour like this but I promise I will try. You are a friend in a million xxxxxxxxxx

Yay! Baby pig snuggles for me tomorrow before Bungle makes the last leg of his journey!

This forum is fantastic at pulling together for things like this!

You guys rule!

Aw congratulations Susie!

I agree Kate, this forum is great on how it all works together! Bungle is gorgeous, I bet your so excited to get him Susie! ;D

Congratulations from me 2 Susie ;D ;D

I second Wiggy's comments - this forum is fantasic!

Just watched the video, he's beautiful :)

Yer I think its ace how you guys all work together and get nice things like this sorted... you guys are fab! :)

I went on a few guineapig forums before this one, just trying to find someone to talk to people about Piggies, but none of them were half as friendly as this forum!

Congratulations on your new guinea! /hug

xx

He looks a gorgeous little fellow.

hope he settles with Zippy

Good luck

karen

He's here!

He is very cute and cheeky - doesn't like staying still for a moment!

I'm sure his new mum will be delighted with him - I can't wait to see your face tomorrow Susie!!

he is adorable such a lovely looking piggy as well, no doubt we will be seeing some really imaginative pics from Susie soon, I did tell you Susie it was the best forum ever did'nt I! now you can see what I ment, I am so pleased Zippy has got a new pal and hope they get along togther.

Congratulations Susie, he is absolutely gorgeous. I do hope that Zippy will like his new friend.
What a lovely think for Ellie and Kate to organise getting him to you.

Rachel x

I'm sure you have him by now Susie, I can't waaait to see pigtures :D

Livie x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back