• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Orange Bell Peppers?

gmsong

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I got a few orange bell peppers from costco today and I'm wondering if they're safe. I haven't seen any orange bell peppers being fed on any youtube channel ever. Are they just red ones not fully matured?

Orange bell peppers are not red bell peppers that aren't ripe yet, they are their own kind of pepper, but they are fine for pigs to eat. They taste pretty much the same as red and yellow. My pigs like orange, yellow, and red peppers, but not green. Hope this helps!

Orange bell peppers are not red bell peppers that aren't ripe yet, they are their own kind of pepper, but they are fine for pigs to eat. They taste pretty much the same as red and yellow. My pigs like orange, yellow, and red peppers, but not green. Hope this helps!
ok thanks my pigs hate green bell peppers too

I have read that Red peppers are the very best due to their Vitamin content although I personally only eat orange and yellow. If it is important I would be willing to buy red ones specifically for my girls, but if someone says I can just stick with orange and yellow that would make things easy lol!

Guinea pigs tend to like all the different colours of the bell peppers, we have a pack in and alternate the colour they have daily. There are good food full of vitamins that can be fed daily without any worry.

I don't like green peppers much myself, they're too bitter. Yuk! My 2 piggies I have at the moment love their red, yellow and orange peppers.

My piggies LOVE peppers, especially the miniature ones you can get that come in mixed bags! I usually give them one a day along with the rest of their fruit/veg and it’s always the first to disappear! I’m pretty sure the orange and yellow variety are their favourite.

Mine get whatever colours are in the ‘less than perfect’ bag that week! They don’t see to mind what colour they are but I like it when there are multi colours ones! (I hate peppers, so pretty colours makes chopping them up and touching them a bit easier to bear)
B71507CD-3C4D-44BF-94D8-F5CF50BE30D8.jpeg8ED198FA-C836-424C-85DC-7E432E7372D4.jpeg

Back