• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ordered new cage liners!

ThatPurpleB

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've just ordered a cage liner from C and E cosie! If it fits and works OK I'll buy 1 or 2 more.

So I've messed about with various "cheaper" options which to be fair work but are time consuming and a hassle. I've done towels under fleece, just bath mats and bath mats with a towel underneath to try and make it last longer. Nova digs under lots of them and the washing machine struggles with the weight of towels and mats. Then finding room to hang it all out to dry is hard. As well as being time consuming faffing laying it all down particularly when I have to clip it down to stop naughty Nova. Looking forward to chucking one thing down and only shaking out, washing and drying one thing!

Also they're not really expensive. When I started out with the piggies I'd only seen guinea dad liners which are expensive. But C and E cosie and other etsy stores do them for only 35 quid for my size! I've not done it sooner just because picking a seller, colours and size seemed like an effort. I settled on C and E cosie because they have zorb in to absorb the pee, had colours I like (I'm funny about stuff matching) and when I searched the forum ppl here seemed to like them.

I'm just done with faffing and struggling with multiple bits of towels and fleece and hoping this will be easier! Feeling glad this worked out cheaper than I thought.

Needed to post this as it's the only place people would get as excited as me about cage liners!

I have some from c and e. They are great even 3 years later
Very reassuring! How many sets of liners do you have that you rotate in and out?

I had 4 sets of fleece for the piggies (only really used 3) but only have 2 sets of math mats. The liners sound like they dry quick so that's why I'm debating only 2 sets. I always have my old fleece, towels and bath mats in a pinch.

I've just ordered a cage liner from C and E cosie! If it fits and works OK I'll buy 1 or 2 more.

So I've messed about with various "cheaper" options which to be fair work but are time consuming and a hassle. I've done towels under fleece, just bath mats and bath mats with a towel underneath to try and make it last longer. Nova digs under lots of them and the washing machine struggles with the weight of towels and mats. Then finding room to hang it all out to dry is hard. As well as being time consuming faffing laying it all down particularly when I have to clip it down to stop naughty Nova. Looking forward to chucking one thing down and only shaking out, washing and drying one thing!

Also they're not really expensive. When I started out with the piggies I'd only seen guinea dad liners which are expensive. But C and E cosie and other etsy stores do them for only 35 quid for my size! I've not done it sooner just because picking a seller, colours and size seemed like an effort. I settled on C and E cosie because they have zorb in to absorb the pee, had colours I like (I'm funny about stuff matching) and when I searched the forum ppl here seemed to like them.

I'm just done with faffing and struggling with multiple bits of towels and fleece and hoping this will be easier! Feeling glad this worked out cheaper than I thought.

Needed to post this as it's the only place people would get as excited as me about cage liners!
Very reassuring! How many sets of liners do you have that you rotate in and out?

I had 4 sets of fleece for the piggies (only really used 3) but only have 2 sets of math mats. The liners sound like they dry quick so that's why I'm debating only 2 sets. I always have my old fleece, towels and bath mats in a pinch.
I have quite a few mainly because I had a ferrplast cage before c and c. So combine them both if that makes sense.

2 sets would work fine I am sure xx

Can't remember where I got mine from but they are a godsend. I used to use newspaper and paper-based bedding and I've saved a fortune. I got 3 sets just in case, and I'm glad I did because occasionally there's a hold-up in the laundry room or something. Normally 2 would be fine.

Can't remember where I got mine from but they are a godsend. I used to use newspaper and paper-based bedding and I've saved a fortune. I got 3 sets just in case, and I'm glad I did because occasionally there's a hold-up in the laundry room or something. Normally 2 would be fine.
I'm thesame normally 2 are fine. But its occasions like when they've spent loads of time in the playpen so then bedding from the cage and playpen are mucky at thesame time. Or vet visits can mean they need a quick bedding change. Then I've needed 3 lots.

Back