• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ordering my cage tomorrow. So excited!

FurryBabyMama

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Someone came earlier and picked up my baby's old pushchair that I was selling. So now I can buy my cage and start getting prepared! I'm getting the Plaza 160 cage from Zooplus.
I did my research, it's above the minimum size at 162 x 60 x 50 cm ^.^
I know everyone here loves those C&C cages but I'm crap at any sort of DIY :P I may attempt to add some sort of second level in the future though. If I'm brave.
I can't wait for it to arrive and get it all set up. I'll stare at it a lot and frequently squeal at my boyfriend "My guinea pigs are gonna live in there!" because I'm a massive child. Yay!

I love getting everything set up a few weeks before getting a new pet. It's so exciting.

I started with a 150cm cage but after a few months ended up switching to a C&C cage.

Great choice of cage :) They will love it.

Just for future reference if you every fancy going c&c - I am useless at DIY too but c&c cages can be bought from C&C Guinea Pig Cages - Home - c and c guinea pig cages in an easy to put together kit, corex is ready scored folded etc....
160cm is great sized cage though, piggies will love it. Looking forward to photos!

Just letting you know that you still have to put them together, its just a kit to make it.

Just letting you know that you still have to put them together, its just a kit to make it.
yes, I know :) I have put one together. Just saying if I can do it then anyone can... I am a real moron at anything diy based :))

@FurryBabyMama agree with 160cm being great for two piggies... it is a little short on the recommended size for a trio. But two piggies will be very happy in there with the space :) Exciting times ahead!

Great choice of cage :) They will love it.

Just for future reference if you every fancy going c&c - I am useless at DIY too but c&c cages can be bought from C&C Guinea Pig Cages - Home - c and c guinea pig cages in an easy to put together kit, corex is ready scored folded etc....
160cm is great sized cage though, piggies will love it. Looking forward to photos!

Oh wow those are so much cheaper! I didn't know you could get them in kits like that. I thought I'd have to find all the bits and bobs to make it myself. I may well end up ordering a C&C instead then, thank you so much for that link.

Also regarding the C&C cage from that link, if I get the 2 x 5 can I change the shape or does it have to be a rectangle? Like, can I make it to fit in a corner? It's a little too long to fit in the space I have, but the 2 x 4 is smaller than the Plaza 160.

Okay I think I'm actually going to get the 2x4 C&C. It may be 10cm shorter than the Plaza 160 but it's also 10cm wider so I guess it equals the same?

I have the plaza 160 cage for my 2 & am really happy with it. I managed to find a 5% discount code for zooplus online & also purchased it via TopCashback which got me an extra £1.66 off.

I was going to get a C&C but unfortunately it was a bit too wide for the space I needed it to fit in, plus I wanted a lid for mine which would make it more expensive than the plaza 160 cage. The 2x4 C&C also sounds fine for 2 though, I messaged their Facebook page & they were really helpful when I was enquiring about different configurations to see if I could make it work.

That cage is fine, as others said, to begin with. I can add, especially with your enthusiasm, you will definitely somewhere down the road want to expand. You can add a lot with a c&c from guineapigcagestore.com and guineapigmarket (I still use theirs to add).

I was exactly like you and I really started basic. You don't have to begin with everything, they will be happy as you add on. I was so basic at first and over the 8 months now have added on. They are very simple when you do get the basic supplies. I know it's exciting to have the whole set up at first but I think you are getting intimidated by all that is involved. We add a lot to our cage but it was in steps and it was even more fun that way. Our first didn't have a loft and just had a tarp put on the floor then using plastic ties and a cheap utility knife, you can give them the space they need and let them get excited as you add on. Mine are so used to me jumping in their cage now and adding on that they just come up and sniff my feet while I work then huddle over to each new add on with more enthusiasm each time as soon as I leave. They know me lol.

You can get the cages. If you can be patient, the cost and the fun you can have doing your own, is worth way more then all the money they charge. These are the cages from beginning to this month. I was really unsure myself. You can see the first cage is just a fleece blanket bought on sale put over dog pads. It did fine for them though and they were happy. The tarp wasn't even cut and I was really afraid to try to learn using the Chloroplast. I made mistakes but figured it out and honestly they are simple now for me to keep getting better with and putting up. Even learning to sew (turning out very unprofessional with seams and edges but my guinea pigs didn't critisize once and even said thank you with zoomies (smile). You can do this even if you think you are bad with DIY. You are as excited and with as much trepidation as I was but you really can have fun with this and enjoy it to boot. You can also always jump back on and I or anyone will help you out if you run into any kind of frustration in the set-up.

IMG_20180408_182926.jpgIMG_20180320_123640.jpgnewcage.jpggob2.jpgIMG_20180506_110521.jpg024.jpg

Back