• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Oreo

PipandOreo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m heartbroken to say the least, I had to make the awful decision last night to put my beautiful Oreo to sleep.

She wasn’t very well yesterday so got an emergency appointment within half an hour, we rushed her there to find out she had lymphoma. We decided to put her in
her forever sleep because she was in pain. Everything happened so quick so it was that more of a shock. I can’t believe she’s gone just like that, one minute she’s here the next she’s not. I miss her so much and it hasn’t been 24 hours yet💔
2015-2021, I’ll love you forever
8B848AF5-1AFC-46AE-8642-984066FB26AC.jpeg74656510-4473-4766-841A-7653376BCE49.jpeg8A0DF8E2-2F5E-4FB8-9D9B-2DD421704809.jpegAD7D6408-6C4C-4985-A52F-A5AE3B0E9103.jpeg4D623AC7-7F73-4A99-A808-AA700002F321.jpegEF5421A5-E810-4610-9208-16BB96EBFDCD.jpeg 0FAFE8BE-88A4-4716-8795-22A1F26A134A.jpeg90888DF5-D5F5-42FE-8501-CF75031D0D42.jpeg

So sorry for your loss, sleep tight Oreo 🌈❤️

I'm so sorry to hear your news :(

Popcorn free Oreo 🌈

So sorry for your loss, sleep tight Oreo 🌈
I’m so sorry for your loss :( I’ve lost two piggies to lymphoma :( Sleep tight Oreo xx
I'm so sorry to hear your news :(

Popcorn free Oreo 🌈
I’m so sorry for your loss.
I’m so sorry for your loss, it wasn’t your fault, you did what was best for her x ❤
Thank you for the lovely replies, it means a lot 💗 🌈

I don’t know where to go from here, I’m now left with a single guinea pig called Pip who is also almost 6 years old but doesn’t act her age at all. The both of them were not super close and had a typical sister relationship (little arguments but never anything serious) but towards the end they would snuggle lots. Pip likes her own space and so far she’s acting completely normal. I was thinking about getting 2 young pigs for her because she’s quite dominant and I think she would be more likely to accept younger pigs than older ones. However I don’t know if that’s best for her as she does like her own space. I’m not ready for another one at all because loosing Oreo is so fresh and I miss her so much but I’m thinking about Pip and don’t want her to be depressed and lonely.

Any advice with this would be appreciate, thank you 💗

I am so sorry for your loss.
Losing a piggy in that way leaves you reeling.
You are amazing in thinking of Pip’s needs already.
Why don’t you give yourself a few days to think through the options.

When Merab was left alone I found 2 baby girls for her. It worked well.
If there is a good rescue accessible another possibility is an older sow.
A neutered boar could also work well.

Be gentle with yourself as you grieve.

If you can, getting Pip a friend (or two) will be your best option otherwise she will be lonely. If it helps you, I have adopted piggies within two weeks after losing a companion but you’re not doing it for yourself, but for the piggy left behind. As above, a neutered boar is also an option x

So sorry for your loss.
Being an amazing piggy owner you are thinking of Pips needs first.
Please be kind to yourself as well as you grieve.
Sleep tight little Oreo.xx

So sorry for your loss 💖 oreo was so beautiful 💗
I really struggled with rebonding when my fear aggressive fluffy lost her soulmate to an inoperable tumour in the first lockdown, we had a baby girl delivered the next day and I could hardly look at her because I wasn't anywhere near ready, unfortunately that bond didn't work out either so we tried rescue dating and she still came home alone, we eventually slow bonded her with 2 baby girls :) your an amazing owner thinking of pips needs above your own. 💗 I'm so sorry you lost oreo be kind to yourself as you grieve 💗

Hello, sorry to hear about Oreo what a well loved piggie and hope you ok,
Pip be needing you now for extra love etc.
I had two girls very close and Florence died very sudden and I know it really hurts, she was only 3, her mate course became my worry , , ,
Lucky I had another pair only for few weeks so I put them next to each other , , helps them and me.
Take care. X

I am so sorry for your loss.
Losing a piggy in that way leaves you reeling.
You are amazing in thinking of Pip’s needs already.
Why don’t you give yourself a few days to think through the options.

When Merab was left alone I found 2 baby girls for her. It worked well.
If there is a good rescue accessible another possibility is an older sow.
A neutered boar could also work well.

Be gentle with yourself as you grieve.
If you can, getting Pip a friend (or two) will be your best option otherwise she will be lonely. If it helps you, I have adopted piggies within two weeks after losing a companion but you’re not doing it for yourself, but for the piggy left behind. As above, a neutered boar is also an option x
Thanks for the replies, I’ll have a think about the options over this week and then work out where to go from there. We’ve just ordered a little guinea pig teddy to keep her company for now whilst we decide about a friend for her!

So sorry for your loss 💖 oreo was so beautiful 💗
I really struggled with rebonding when my fear aggressive fluffy lost her soulmate to an inoperable tumour in the first lockdown, we had a baby girl delivered the next day and I could hardly look at her because I wasn't anywhere near ready, unfortunately that bond didn't work out either so we tried rescue dating and she still came home alone, we eventually slow bonded her with 2 baby girls :) your an amazing owner thinking of pips needs above your own. 💗 I'm so sorry you lost oreo be kind to yourself as you grieve 💗
Thank you so much. I have a feeling I will struggle to rebound Pip because she is quite dominant and doesn’t like guinea pigs in her space! I don’t know when I’ll be ready to love another guinea pig the same but I’ve got to think whats best for Pip! xx

Hello, sorry to hear about Oreo what a well loved piggie and hope you ok,
Pip be needing you now for extra love etc.
I had two girls very close and Florence died very sudden and I know it really hurts, she was only 3, her mate course became my worry , , ,
Lucky I had another pair only for few weeks so I put them next to each other , , helps them and me.
Take care. X
Thank you! Pip is getting lots of cuddles at the moment which she’s tolerating, as she’s not too fond of cuddles! x

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful piggy. Massive hugs to you at this very sad time. Please be kind to yourself. Lots of love to you and Pip

Sleep well little one

RIP Oreo

x x

Back