• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Our Dog Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob and Ron

I would like to dedicate this post ,to our dog Bill,whom due to no-ones fault,we had to have put to sleep last week.
Picture046.jpg

Picture044.jpg

We loved him to bits-we gave him 3 1/2 extra years after rescuing him . It seems he had a bad gene which sadly came out whilst we were all on holiday-the vet said we were doing the right thing... we knew that .Your heart says one thing,your head another.....you can read the whole story on my web site under Bill's Page... I still have my hand bandaged up-7 stitches .But i dont blame Bill ...god bless baby x x x
www.kayscavies.piczo.com

I don't know what to say Kay, as you say staffs are the gentlest, soppiest most family orientated dogs i've come across, even being known as the "nanny dog" due to how they are with children, maybe like the vet says, a bad gene.

I once knew an English Bull Terrier who suddenly became like that and it was down to a brain tumour. Please try not to let this put you off of Staffs.

R.I.P Bill, your Mummy and Daddy loved you very much, as you did them. x x

Thanks you two...we just couldn't beleive it...of any other dog i might have but not Bill....Still, he knew we doted on him,he knew he was loved to bits...thanks for your kind words. :'(

Kay I have just read Bills story on your website and am so upset for you, :'(I think maybe the heat haas taken its toll on yet another animal, my vet explained that he has had to put to sleep so many animals the past few weeks because of heat related incidents either in my Charlies case a stroke or in your case heat induced aggresion, the weathers been so hot for many weeks now and can affect animals of all kinds in different ways,
I know you must be feeling so bad about making such a difficult choice i know i did last monday, and Charlie was very poorly but you have to look at it that Bill was poorly also, and would in all likelyhood never be the Old bill again,
I hope Millies ok is she missing Bill, Max Charlies brother has gone off his food but we are now giving him so much fuss he has started to get an interest in his food again,
I hope your hand heals ok you did a brave thing and a right choice for Bill he cant have been happy not being the old Bill,
God Bless BIll run with Charlie over the bridge,

I'm so sorry. Poor guy. He was lucky to have a wonderful family rescue him that was strong enough to do the best thing for him in the end.

I'm so sorry for your loss.Staffys are wonderful dogs and you gave him the best life anyone could have.
R-I-P Bill

I'm so sorry for your loss. Its not your fault. i wouldve done it too had it been me. you did the best for him. my heart goes out to you.

I've just read Bill's story and am :'( my staffie Nell is at my side (she knows i'm upset). They are, as you say, the most loving dogs and will fight to the death to protect their loved ones.
I am so so sorry for your loss but you had no choice.
We had the same decision to make a few years ago with a staffie who was showing signs of agression.
Take comfort in knowing you gave him the best and no one can hurt him now.
N.night Bill

Niki xx

Well,it's been about 3 months now since Bill left us.I still cry every now and then when i think about him.In fact i cant even look at my rainbow bridge page at all.It just sets me off. Millie has finally recovered,she's happy,and i'm pleased to say she bears no grudge against other dogs. My finger is healed,although i have no movement in the top half,completely ruined the tendons,i cant turn a key,but i just use the next finger along !And boy does it hurt on those chilly fresh mornings ! I've heard so many stories about dogs attacking this summer,and what makes me really angry is when people say its the breed of dogs. Thats rubbish.The way i see it,if you want to be totally safe with dogs,then dont get one.A dog is a dog,they are ALL capable of turning nasty.The only difference is how they attack. Bill locked on to me,thats what staffs do. smaller terriers/collies have small sharp teeth- they rip you to shreds..... So you cant win anyway.
Thanks ever so much you people for your support,it does help and it makes me feel more human,knowing that other people have been in the same or a similar situation.Thanks guys
Kay
x

I have a staffy she's a beautiful Irish blue called charlie.I got her from a terrible home where she was fed only bread and had no toy's to play with.She will always bark if she hears something or See's a shadow at my door and I thought she wouldn't let anyone in the house but 7 week's ago while I was out for an hour someone broke into my house.They climbed through my kitchen window and took my life away,Everything that was worth something is gone.What hurts me most is alot of the thing's that they stole belonged to my children.When I arrived home my front door was open and there in the hallway was Charlie just waiting patiently for me to come home.I just cuddled her for ages not knowing if they had hurt her.I would have died if she had decided to run away but she was just waiting for me.I wonder what they did to her.I bet she was so scared she didn't know what to do.
I'm just glad shes still here and i think it just shows how faithful she is to me.I know I can buy more things but I couldn't replace my Charlie

Heidi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back