• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Our Happy Little Herd - So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeykins

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So, Bumble is really well healed after his abcess burst, and the vet gave him the nod to move in with the girls - infact, I quote, she said it would be a good idea as "it would give him something else to focus on other than his nutsack".......

So, I set up the neutral area in the kitchen, brand new fleece down, a pile of veggies and hay and a towel at the ready and we went for it.......

...... And it wasn't very dramatic at all, the main activity was actually just a heck of a lot of eating.........

Bumble rumbled and displayed around them, and the girls vocalised a lot but weren't upset by this enough to stop stuffing their faces for more than a few seconds. Fast forward a few days and they are happily settled in their new cage which they all love, Daisy especially likes to race in a circuit over all three layers which is hysterical. Bumble still likes to display to the girls but they don't permit him to mount them (they are ladies after all) and he backs off if they object. I've not seen any aggression, Daisy did help herself to a mouthful of Bumbles fur once, but that was when they were sitting calmly, and he didn't seem to mind - they will occasionally kick each other out of a chosen corner to sleep in, but they seem to muddle along nicely and often sleep all together. Bumble likes to come up and rest his head on the head of one of the girls for s second then move off, I don't know what this means! But it is done very gently and is rather adorable to see!

I'll add some pics of them altogether and I'm also editing a video of them meeting which I'll add a YouTube link for when it's uploaded!

Please excuse the poops in the first pic, I was about to sweep out their cage but they looked so cute I had to take a pic first!

Thanks loads

Jo x

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Such a beautiful trio! I'm so happy that the bonding went so well :) it sounds like bumble is giving little cuddles with his head bob, so adorable!

Thanks everyone :) I'm no expert in guinea pig language but I think they are getting on ok! There's been no fights and no one is getting picked on, and they can always find areas where they can have a break from each other :)

I'm so happy they seem happy :) Bumble is popcorning loads! X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back