• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Our latest, and final, addition to the herd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yesterday, by a strange series of flukes, we found the last member of the gang, who will hopefully bond with JoJo when he is snipped.

This is Honey

IMG_2781.jpg

She is approx. 10 - 12 weeks old, not really sure. I got her from a lady who used to rescue a lot, but since doing cat rescuing too has had to downsize and now only takes in emergencies. This little girl was part of an accidental litter, and is just so sweet!

As she has never been alone (she was in with two other girls at the rescue once separated from her bro) I decided to try her with my two girls, Whiskey and Noodles. Popped them all in the ballpit just as I would a male-female bonding, went ok, Honey tried to assert herself a couple of times but soon got told 'oi, we are the old birds, do as you're told!' :(|) and after a while all three seemed very settled. They are now in my largest hutch together and it's very peaceful out there! If they continue to get on I am considering modifying one of my hutches and moving Jo in with the three of them, rather than take Honey out to go on her own with him...something I need to carefully think about I think.

Some pigtures of the 'bonding'

Honey finds the strategically placed veg

IMG_2771.jpg

Whiskey is suspicious of this new smaller version of her (minus the white)

IMG_2772.jpg

Munching some dry food

IMG_2778.jpg

Whiskey shows Honey the best chewing spots

IMG_2780.jpg

Three girls together :)

IMG_2779.jpg

Awww she is beautiful and they make such a pretty group. Love the name too but I am biased of course.

aww shes lovely and I'm sure she'll be a very happy piggy as part of your tribe!

awww i think all three are gorgeous :) glad they get on ok :))

Aww, she's stunning! x) I'm glad al the girls got on ok, and I hope little Honey will make a lovely girlfriend for JoJo :)

Awww she is lovely ~ you have a nice little herd there - they all look related! :)
Yes i think i would probably try to keep them as one group - you could always split them into 2 pairs later if it doesn't work out?

Awww isnt she beautiful? Glad she's settled in well with the herd :)

Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

Mum has been on piggy watch while I have been at work, she said all three have been fine, Honey seemed slightly annoyed that the girls sleep a lot (well they are getting on!). Dinner time was the cutest thing ever, these three little faces standing at the front of the hutch, even having had guineas for years this just made me 'aaaaaawww!' lol.

Veganlove, I really do think I will see if they all get on. My experiences so far have been that adding a boar to a sow is easier/more accepted than same sex additions, so we will see in 7 weeks!

She is lovely and will hopefully very happy with her own man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back