• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Our New C & C Build For Our First GP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teanite

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
OK, so here we go. Just thought it would be a good idea to sort of blog our progress, additions, and pics for our new GP's.

I've done an introduction so if you like a bit of background then we are here -

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56791

After some thought and research we have decided to go for a 4 x 2 C & C with hay loft.

I've had a look round and priced things up but have decided to try and do as much as i can by making my own!

First things first we need to give our GP's a nice home so i called in a favor from a friend and i now have a sheet of 1" square mesh. I'm going to cut this into the correct sizes to give me my run.

HERE ARE THE PIECES I HAVE CUT OUT.

DSC00379.jpg

Using the standard 14" cubes used in most c&c's i have done them 14" high and 28" wide, just in keeping with sizes but with added strength being one piece.

Now i have all my pieces cut and de burred I'm going to paint the with black hammerite.

HERE ARE ALL MY PANELS IN THE PAINTING PROCESS.

DSC00380.jpg

Next thing is the correx, i have worked out that i need one sheet 8' x 4' to build a nice tray, and board out most of the hay loft. I have ordered this from a company called sitebox at a great price. Should be here in a couple of days.

Well thats as far as we have got at the moment, we have inquired about a few re home pig's but as we are not quite ready yet I'm not rushing with them. be nice to reserve some young ones for a couple of weeks time.

DCE

Paint dry construction started!

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

This weekends update! C & C cage complete!

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

Correx in process!

DSC00389.jpg

Complete C&C

Our C & C finally complete, all ready for our new GP's.

DSC00396.jpg

Well done - that looks fantastic. Have you got something on the ramp for grip? I had to fleece line my ramps and I've heard others using carpets, sandpaper and things.....
I wish I had the confidence to build one....

Well done - that looks fantastic. Have you got something on the ramp for grip? I had to fleece line my ramps and I've heard others using carpets, sandpaper and things.....
I wish I had the confidence to build one....

hi, and thanks, i have used a piece of emery cloth about 50mm wide stuck on with double sided tape for grip, i have gone for a smooth grade so it does not hurt the GP's feet.

cheers CDE

hi, and thanks, i have used a piece of emery cloth about 50mm wide stuck on with double sided tape for grip, i have gone for a smooth grade so it does not hurt the GP's feet.

cheers CDE

Thats a great idea - might also help keep their nails in trim .....
Lucky piggies - it looks sooooo fab :)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great comments on our C&C, we should be havin 2 GP's any time now. THANKS DCE

Please welcome our new friends Florence and Poppy

Please give a warm welcome to our new piggy's, there names are Florence (tricolour) and Poppy (ginger and white).

They have been with us for a few days now, they love there new cage and are using both levels, eating very well at the moment, we are very happy.

One slight concern they don't seem to be drinking at all! i've tried a few things but hoping they with work out the bottle very soon.

We aren't to sure of exact age we were told 12 - 14 weeks but not 100% on that, we got them from a local guy who had our detail looking to rehome.

DSC00009.jpg
DSC00008.jpg
DSC00010.jpg

DSC00006.jpg
DSC00013.jpg
DSC00011.jpg

The C+C and piggies all look fab hope they settle into their new home and i cant wait to see more pigtures of their little adventures :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back