• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Our New Herd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pets Palace TV

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Originally we had different guinea pig groups but recently we decided to introduce all our guinea pigs to each other because we had the room for a large C&C cage so we now have 7 sows and 1 neutered boar living together. We introduced all the sows to each other a couple of weeks ago and we introduced our neutered boar to them on Wednesday. They seem to be getting on well with each other which is great! Here is a picture of them all eating their veggies together :)
P1060190.JPG
And here is their cage
P1060218.JPG

What a fantastic set-up! Result? Eight very happy piggies! I too have 1 boar and 7 sows. I would love to have all of mine living together like this. :tu:

Thank you for the close ups, it's just fantastic! I see you have some tree trunk bits in there, what wood is it please? As I've been thinking about putting some in for my piggies!

Your set up is amazing. I have been looking at lots of members cages since joining the forum. It's making me feel a bit mean now. My piggies only have a 120cm cage. We were told that would be adequate for our new boars.

I've just watched your video on the introduction. They all look very happy! :)

I followed that by watching so many of your other videos! :P

Thank you for the close ups, it's just fantastic! I see you have some tree trunk bits in there, what wood is it please? As I've been thinking about putting some in for my piggies!
Sorry, I'm not sure what the wood is - we get wood delivered to our house for our wood burning stove and we asked if the man could cut an arch shape into one of the pieces to make a guinea pig tunnel. I'm sure he told us what wood it is when we got it but I can't remember. If I find out I will let you know :)

Your set up is amazing. I have been looking at lots of members cages since joining the forum. It's making me feel a bit mean now. My piggies only have a 120cm cage. We were told that would be adequate for our new boars.
Thank you! Don't feel bad - I used to have my guinea pigs living in small pet shop cages. Once I had 2 boars living in a cage that was only 100 x 50cm and they started to fight (which was hardly surprising as they didn't have much room at all) but I learned from that and I now give my guinea pigs as much room as I can. I think that the pet shops are partly to blame as they stock the small cages however if they sold larger cages many people would buy them and there would not be this problem! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back