Our New Piggy Is Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
he's so cute. 11 months old, beautiful pale ginger with red eyes. :luv: he's been happily chatting away with mollie since he arrived :luv: they're living side by side currently but are both very interested in each other, and mollie has done so many pops she's so happy :luv:

not sure on his name yet but will update when i decide. and fingers crossed for a successful bond most probably tomorrow. :D

he's so cute. 11 months old, beautiful pale ginger with red eyes. :luv: he's been happily chatting away with mollie since he arrived :luv: they're living side by side currently but are both very interested in each other, and mollie has done so many pops she's so happy :luv:

not sure on his name yet but will update when i decide. and fingers crossed for a successful bond most probably tomorrow. :D
You should call him Sheehan , Ed Sheehan is awesome and he's ginger too. .lol xx

thank you. i was worried (as usual!) about getting a new piggy because of losing eddie and feeling guilty. but as soon as i saw him, i fell in love. as usual. can't help it! :))

he was from honeybunnies rescue. his pic is on the secret santa presents thread. his name is elliot at the moment. we had the name benji picked out but not sure again now. any ideas let me know. we think he seems like a 'B' initial. :)

I once had a piggie called Bailey. Maybe Bernie? I'm terrible when it comes to names sorry! Took me ages to name my new girls today.

Can't wait to see pictures of him. :)

ooh, i really like bobbin. will add to our list :)) hopefully i can make my mind up tomorrow! :roll:

he's still on and off biting the bars and digging to try and reach mollie. they're spending most of their time either side of the bars so i'm hoping this is a good sign. they're very chatty anyway, and both done popcorns :love:

I am sooooo pleased! Excellent news, cannot wait to here more about the newbie :) pleased that little Mollie is pleased too and so chuffed for you guys x

well, he's still bar biting! :eek: he's lovely though. he really reminds me of eddie actually. obviously different colouring but his face shape, and crest are very similar. apparently this will be good in terms of bonding as he will seem familiar to mollie and she obviously bonded very well with eddie. (saw that @Wiebke said this on another thread and thought it was very interesting)

still can't decide on his name though! o/h thinks he looks like kenny from south park! :)) also on the list we have benji, benny, brodie... and bobbin which i really like. we also like his original name elliot, which he does suit, and jake, and some other non-'b' names which i like. if i hadn't already used the name eddie then i'd probably use it for this little one. but having something similar would be too hard for me.

anyway, so anymore suggestions let me know. just any initial now!
lol.gif

I am sooooo pleased! Excellent news, cannot wait to here more about the newbie :) pleased that little Mollie is pleased too and so chuffed for you guys x

@sport_billy thank you. they've both done popcorns so hoping that's a good sign! :)) mollie seemed a bit nervous at first coming over (very unlike her!) but as soon as she spoke to him, he shot out the hay and starting chatting away, and she chatted back and did pops :luv:

well, he's still bar biting! :eek: he's lovely though. he really reminds me of eddie actually. obviously different colouring but his face shape, and crest are very similar. apparently this will be good in terms of bonding as he will seem familiar to mollie and she obviously bonded very well with eddie. (saw that @Wiebke said this on another thread and thought it was very interesting)

still can't decide on his name though! o/h thinks he looks like kenny from south park! :)) also on the list we have benji, benny, brodie... and bobbin which i really like. we also like his original name elliot, which he does suit, and jake, and some other non-'b' names which i like. if i hadn't already used the name eddie then i'd probably use it for this little one. but having something similar would be too hard for me.

anyway, so anymore suggestions let me know. just any initial now!
lol.gif

Bar biting for a boy meeting a girl is totally normal - your gingerbread boy really wants to get up close and personal... :D

PS: What about Todd or Toddie as a name?

Bar biting for a boy meeting a girl is totally normal - your gingerbread boy really wants to get up close and personal... :D

PS: What about Todd or Toddie as a name?

i hope he's not so hyper that he dives on her in the bonding pen! :eek:

i hope he's not so hyper that he dives on her in the bonding pen! :eek:

Brace yourself - I have seen boars lose the "on" switch for their brains for a couple of days... It is likely to be VERY smelly, so I'd recommend you stage the intros in a room that you can wipe down and also air from time to time!
PS: The worst humping/chasing pair bonding of mine turned into one of the greatest love matches. ;)

Brace yourself - I have seen boars lose the "on" switch for their brains for a couple of days... It is likely to be VERY smelly, so I'd recommend you stage the intros in a room that you can wipe down and also air from time to time!
PS: The worst humping/chasing pair bonding of mine turned into one of the greatest love matches. ;)

oh the fun :)) i really hope this bonding goes well. can't wait to see them together in the same cage. :luv:

just sat watching the piggies in the bonding pen. they've been in there since 12.45pm and all is going extremely well :luv: they settled down very quickly really. he is such a lovely boy. such a sweet nature and he never stops talking :)) mollie has been washing his face and ears and generally being very affectionate towards him.

managed to get some pics aswell so will upload them soon. and just trying now to get the energy to go and neutralise the cage ready for them :D

He's lovely (reminds me a bit of my late Nigel) and they look so cute together. It's great that Mollie was grooming him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back