• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Our Shed Is Finally Up And Running!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dani G

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
After months of planning and waiting our guinea pig shed is finally up and running! We have a boyles shed with attached dog kennel, as well as a run for grass time. Our herd are loving it as much as we are!

Question - would you cover the laminate flooring with fleece and towels or leave it as it is?

Dani xx

IMG_1263.JPG

IMG_1257.JPG

IMG_1258.JPG

IMG_1259.JPG

IMG_1260.JPG

IMG_1261.JPG

IMG_1262.JPG

IMG_1264.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

What an excellent set up ! I think you will want something absorbant on the floor ( either fleece or a bedding such as Aubiose ) to absorb wee

Lucky piggies indeed.

I agree though that you will need something to cover the laminate to absorb the wee as the wee will just puddle on the laminate and your piggies will get covered in it x

Puppy pads and fleece would be good :) the pigs will get covered in wee and you don't want it to damage the lovely house either ! I would love something like this for my piggys xx

I think they would need something absorbent on the the floor just fleece won't be enough it would need something underneath, or if your rich woodshavings or something, are you going. To put padding on the walls & then plywood to keep it warm.
But other then that I think it is awesome, well done.
Bet the piggies think all there Christmas's have come at once

Wow, what a fab set up. How many lucky piggies have you got living in there?

I too would be tempted to put something on the floor to protect the wood. Puppy pads with fleece over the top is what I use for my two. I think laminate flooring is a great idea too, nice and easy to keep clean.

Thank you for your replies and advice, we are so happy with it.

I said laminate on my post but it's actually lino not laminate. Thanks for the advice, we have put down puppy pads and fleece now as don't want the piggies slipping around in their own wee! We have 4 sows and 1 neutered boar in the shed, the sows bicker at times so I wanted to make sure they had lots of space.

This is my outside herd (we also have 2 boars inside)...

IMG_5323.JPG

View attachment 62039

IMG_1293.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_5326.JPG

My goodness, now that's exactly the set up I was looking for...I don't have the space where I would want it. What amazingly lucky piggies.

Fabulous setup! Beautiful pampered piggies :wub: I'm loving the funky hairdo modelled by Romeo :luv:

Wow, all that room, and all the comforts too. Lovely :) Looks good quality too :)

After months of planning and waiting our guinea pig shed is finally up and running! We have a boyles shed with attached dog kennel, as well as a run for grass time. Our herd are loving it as much as we are!

Question - would you cover the laminate flooring with fleece and towels or leave it as it is?

Dani xx

View attachment 61954

View attachment 61955

View attachment 61956

View attachment 61957

View attachment 61958

View attachment 61959

View attachment 61960

View attachment 61961

View attachment 61962

View attachment 61963
I want one!