• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Out Of Curiosity ...

beckyxxx

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
always wanted to expand my herd, I have 2 boars but fear adding another boar would cause mayhem and what If they didn’t get along? My 2 boys at the moment get on great and have done since I got them 9 months ago, they’re just reaching adult hood now I’d say. Would it be risky to add a baby boar to the herd ? Thanks :)

always wanted to expand my herd, I have 2 boars but fear adding another boar would cause mayhem and what If they didn’t get along? My 2 boys at the moment get on great and have done since I got them 9 months ago, they’re just reaching adult hood now I’d say. Would it be risky to add a baby boar to the herd ? Thanks :)
Very risky!
Please read the boar guides on the Forum!
Your boys are just getting to a Critical age for their hormones to be on the rise so may rumble more at each other.

Yeah i thought so! Don’t want to risk it and end up with a guinea pig that would have to be re homed and risk my boys relationship getting messed up, they rumble strut a lot at each other now but popcorn whilst doing it so I think it’s more of a playful thing, just always liked the idea of having a bigger herd but not worth the risk

We’ve been there, done that and had the fall outs too. We weren’t to know at the time and this was before I knew this forum existed. Our trio got along fine for a few months, but then there was a massive fall out.

Back