• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Outdoor - What do you use for bedding?

Betsy

Forum Donator 2017/18
I line my hutch with puppy pads. I used to use newspaper but find puppy pads much better and am pleased moved over to them. I pop a load of hay over the top of the puppy pads so that my piggies can burrow underneath it and eat it and generally play with it.

eileen

Forum Donator 2017/18
i use bedding in the sleeping area,megazorb or aubiose hemp bedding.on top of puppypads.use fleece/vetbed in the other areas with puppypads under the vetbed.lots of hay in the bedroom area.ill take some pictures later today!

Pigwhisperer

Teenage Guinea Pig
I line my hutch with puppy pads. I used to use newspaper but find puppy pads much better and am pleased moved over to them. I pop a load of hay over the top of the puppy pads so that my piggies can burrow underneath it and eat it and generally play with it.
Ooh I was wondering about puppy pads. I'm now just using the Back2nature pellets in the "bedroom" where they sit & wee a lot as it's so expensive, & newspaper & hay everywhere else. Seems ok but I might give puppy pads a go.

Betsy

Forum Donator 2017/18
Ooh I was wondering about puppy pads. I'm now just using the Back2nature pellets in the "bedroom" where they sit & wee a lot as it's so expensive, & newspaper & hay everywhere else. Seems ok but I might give puppy pads a go.
I prefer puppy pads as they have a waterproof backing and unlike newspaper the wee doesn't soak through to the wood. It is also so much easier to roll up the hay on total hutch clean day. (Love that job - not!)