• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Outrageous Guinea Pig Tv Show Rant! **trigger Warning**

Rochester Piggy

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was flipping channels, and found a show about guinea pigs. I watched it, and was completely shocked at the inaccuracy of it. It said piggies are happiest alone! Yes, my piggy Cali is alone, but that's because she has drawn blood on other piggies before! It also said they can stay in small cages, on pine chips, and can be housed with rabbits! The part that infuriated me the most is the show said piggies only need STRAW and water for food! I couldn't handle it anymore and went to the den to log on to the forum and rant. :hb::ple::doh::yikes::rant:

Mods, I'm sorry if this is not appropriate for the forum, please take it down if it violates any rule.

there is a huge ignorance about guinea pigs... The vet where I go is often invited in our national tv channel for talking about exotic pets and when it was the turn of guinea pigs his talk was concentrated in all the common mistakes and wrong advices given to owners even from the vets! of course the ones who don't know anything about these pets. The food for example... the cage, the bedding, the cares. Here guinea pigs are not popular at all, luckily children here don't necessarily grow with a pet (and the pet never belongs to them) but the problem is the adult owner; he told me once that it is happening a strange thing: guinea pigs in his opinion are the worst managed pets of the history because the owners trust other owners who don't know anything (or trust old beliefs). On the contrary owners who buy weird "new" species of roditors or other exotic pets unknown by everyone, do detailed researches on the net, are very careful in doing the exact things and sometimes become as expert as a vet. With guinea pigs this rarely happens and he says 95% diseases he sees in his clinic were developed because of the wrong diet and the wrong management.
It is incredible that a TV channel broadcasts a so much inappropriated programme... How could you resist not to call the channel director?

I don’t know you resisted the urge to write to the channel and the show.

Hi @Rochester Piggy I don't know if you saw my last post. I know you might not want to name openly on the forum but I talk to several piggy slaves in America on Twitter and none of them were aware that a show was on and none of them can find it. Could you please pm me with as many details you have - name of show, TV channel, rough time that it was on so I can share it with them and they can look to take up complaints too. Thanks lovely

Hi @Rochester Piggy I don't know if you saw my last post. I know you might not want to name openly on the forum but I talk to several piggy slaves in America on Twitter and none of them were aware that a show was on and none of them can find it. Could you please pm me with as many details you have - name of show, TV channel, rough time that it was on so I can share it with them and they can look to take up complaints too. Thanks lovely

Guess we will never know!

Back