• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Over eating

Kudos

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My skinny pig, the hairless type for clarification will eat enough hay to literally gorge himself to point of looking bloated. He looks miserable when does this. I give him as much hay could possibly eat. Is this normal behavior.

My Finn and Lara eat hay all day long despite they get veggies three times a day along with Oxbow pellets. I never even thought eating hay was something I needed to worry about. I thought they were suppose to get endless amount of hay?

He just sound to me like a very hungry piggy.

I don’t have experience of skinnies personally, I am fairly certain I’ve read on this forum that they have higher metabolisms and therefore eat a lot more.

Is he eating the hay in one sitting or grazing constantly? If he's grazing constantly I wouldn't worry, but if you think he is bloating then definitely needs a vet trip to see if you can find out why. My skinnies are pigs, but never cause themselves problems.

Back