• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Over Worrying Since Piggies Passing

mshappy89

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's been a few weeks since I lost Jasmine. She was 7 so a very good age. I lost George around 8 weeks before very suddenly. He deteriorated before I could get him to the vets.

Since their passing I am non stop worrying about my boys Harry and Dudley. I guess it's normal. They are perfectly healthy and eating well etc but I keep worrying about them thinking they are sick etc.

It's completely normal to feel like this. I lost Toast last August and since then I'm so paranoid about Beans and Maple, the slightest thing and I run down to the vets.
I don't have any answers on how to stop feeling so worried but I know it's so common after losing a pet, so try not to stress over it too much. Like you say they're healthy and eating well, it's just your fear making you think otherwise. X

It's completely normal to feel like this. I lost Toast last August and since then I'm so paranoid about Beans and Maple, the slightest thing and I run down to the vets.
I don't have any answers on how to stop feeling so worried but I know it's so common after losing a pet, so try not to stress over it too much. Like you say they're healthy and eating well, it's just your fear making you think otherwise. X

I even thought about getting a camera I could watch on my phone whilst at work..How silly

I over worry about my lot as well, doesn't help that one is special needs..but the second they do something different I panic! I think it's probably due to losing one this time last year, she had been pretty sick since I got her along with Bramble the special piggy but I've always felt like I missed something so I think that's why I tend to worry so much.

I will be bonding some of them into a herd and have a camera I'll be setting up to watch them! Not sure if that's a good or bad idea but it'll be interesting to see what they're up to.

I even thought about getting a camera I could watch on my phone whilst at work..How silly
I've considered this too! But I'd end up going crazy and spending too much time watching them. Don't be too hard on yourself it can be normal to feel you're worrying too much, you're a good piggy slave!

I think it’s just a natural reaction to losing 2 beloved piggies. In time the health anxiety you feel for the boys should lessen. I’ve also experienced the same thing so know how draining it can be. Just make sure you take time to enjoy the boys, as worry can steal your time if you aren’t careful.

It’s not silly to install a camera so you can see what your piggies are up to. Several members have excellent cameras installed. Just try not to Worry. Harry & Dudley are very well looked after & you’re an excellent piggy slave. Xx :wub:

Back