• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Oxbow Veggie Treats Containing Garlic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guineapigemily

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was going to order some Oxbow Veggie Treats for the piggies but after reading the ingredients it says it contains Garlic Powder? i didnt think garlic was okay for guinea pigs?

That is very worrying! Garlic is toxic for piggies. I would not order it.

I thought so. arh its a shame because most Oxbow things have brilliant reviews and so many people trust that they wont put anything silly in it :( ah i wont, thankyou

Yeaah. Out of all the non toxic thing they could of chose

I just double checked the ingredietns and yep it definitely contains garlic ;( heres the ingredient list...
Barley Flour, Alfalfa Meal, Rolled Oats, Molasses, Canola Oil (naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols and lecithin), Dried Carrots, Dried Potatoes, Dried Cabbage, Dried Red Peppers, Dried Green Peppers, Flax Seed Meal, Kelp, Garlic Powder, Brewers Yeast, Yucca Schidigera.

Molasses is awful for piggies teeth, oats cause bloat and they should not have flour! What on earth is the company thinking!

Oh yess! I do not know. its just awful. That's why reading ingredients is so so important!

Ah yes indeed. I hate how companys just pack bad, unhealthy and potentially dangerous stuff in treats and food ;(

Ah thats a good points. I mainly feed forage as a treat. I chucked out all the old piggie treats when i did more research on treats. Ooo that sounds good :)

Oh i love the hay experts! ive never ordered from there but it looks wonderful! thankyou :) ill have to check them out. Ive seen these type of things but i never knew if guinea pigs would actually like them

Oo okay i may have to try :D and biscandmatt, I know right :( Oxbow are normally brilliant with ingredients

An email wouldn't hurt [email protected] :)

They've probably ensured their ingredients are safe, would seem a massive oversight if not, but you can never be too careful.

Was going to say might be worth getting in touch with them. Seems unusual for Oxbox as they have a pretty good reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back