• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

P@h Nuggets Have Changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimzer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Has anyone else recently noticed that P@H nuggets have changed?

I bought a new bag last week and the nuggets are MUCH smaller than what they used to be. I also notice that my 2 girls are eating them a lot more now which I'm not sure is a good or bad thing! They never did really eat their daily amount but now I seem to be topping up the bowl far more often than I used to! Got to start keep track of how much I'm giving them :/

I noticed this too! Which makes me wonder how the portion cups they sell still work if the pellets are so small now.. I guess they probably aren't accurate at all now!

I notice the change in size too! And there's a lot more.... Powder in the bottom of the bag too! I'm not happy, some of the bits are tiny! I'm worried she'll choke.
I liked p@h nuggets because there were big enough for her to gnaw on and stuff but not massive like the burgess nuggets! Now I don't know what I'll do :(

I'm not a fan of the change either. Seems stupid, the previous size was perfect!

I think I might have to change... But I don't know what too :(
Why can't they just keep things the same!
If there not broke! Why try and fix it?!

Does size matter? Now there's a question for you!

If the ingredients are the same then I really don't think so, and to be honest I like the small nuggets as they are ideal for the dental piggies who are learning to eat again. The dry food isn't what keeps the teeth good. It is hay and grasses, that are abrasive, that are needed for good dental health.

I bought a bag of Pets@Home pellets for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Don't know what they were like before. Now they are almost the same as the Harrington's pellets, but my piggies still won't eat them!

I don't know if this will help, but RSPCA have brought out their own brand of guinea pig nuggets? They are smaller than Burgess but bigger than Harringtons. I use them for my foster piggies as that is what they eat at the centre. Always have a clean dish!
They are available online from www.shop.rspca.org.uk and for further information as to their ingredients contact [email protected]
If you have an RSPCA centre near you that has an attached shop you can probably buy them there. I believe they were developed with help from Burgess.

I noticed this when I bought my last pack, I thought maybe I'd just got it wrong.

Just caught up with this thread and I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing the change! Is anyone else finding there pigs are eating more of them? mine definitely are and I'm not sure if it's because they prefer them smaller or because the ingredients have been changed :/

I bought a bag of Pets@Home pellets for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Don't know what they were like before. Now they are almost the same as the Harrington's pellets, but my piggies still won't eat them!
Yeh they are much more like harringtons now that they are smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back