• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Paddy & Rohan - Day 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drezella

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well I got the boys out for floor time again this morning, they were off exploring again as usual and enjoyed spending time in their castle. :) I had them out for cuddles and gave them both a brush. I managed to catch them both smoothly by waiting for them to get into the strawberry bed and lifting it out once they were in. They seem to be getting used to going in it and then being lifted out.

IMG_1823.JPG

IMG_1825.JPG

At tea time Paddy was wheeking and popcorning for his tea, and ran upstairs to prompt Rohan to come down. They were getting ready for their veggies XD. I gave them their washing line again for tea and supervised them whilst they ate.

This evening I had the boys out for cuddles again, and then we tried them on our laps for a bit. Rohan came with me on the couch with a towel, and Paddy went with mum on cuddle roll. Rohan was restless at first but then settled for bit and we had a nice stroke and cuddle. Then both he and Paddy became a bit restless, so I put Rohan on mums knee with Paddy and he calmed down a bit. I gave them both a piece of carrot and they tucked into it and even let us stroke them whilst they were eating, yay!

More photos to come soon, my phone battery has died so I'll have to upload the extra pics tomorrow. :)

You are really getting good at handling them. It is going very smoothly now. They are getting to know you and your mum too. I would cut down on the carrots though as they are high in sugar and vitamin a which effects the liver. I hope you do not mind me saying that.

No not at all, I appreciate the advice, I'm not sure how often to feed them, how often do you feed them? :)

I don't feed carrots for the reasons I stated. I prefer not to.

Oh right ok. I'll definitely cut them down then, I don't want to make my boys poorly. I'm trying to introduce them to new veggies so that their diet is varied, but they often leave things as I'm not sure what they've been introduced to at the rescue centre. They'll eat peppers, different types of lettuce (but not iceberg), different types of cabbage, apple slices, and they've tried parsnips and grapes. I've tried to introduce mild radishes, watercress, a tiny piece of melon, and peas in the pod but they keep leaving them. I'll keep trying to introduce new things so that I can ween them off the carrots. ;D Carrots shall be only for very special occasions. :)

It can be hard to know what to feed. I feed mine a special diet called the I.c diet.

Oh right, is that available online? If so I'll take a look. :) Yes I'm not really sure what to feed, I just printed off that food list from the food forum and took it shopping with me, and just stocked up on things from the high and low vitamin c pages. I'm still learning about them so I feel like a lot of things are trail and error at the moment.

They are both little cuties, definitely settling in and making the place their own! That castle is great :)

The castle is amazing :)) I love it and I love your boys too :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back