• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

PAH Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

claire

Hi Everyone

I have noticed over the last few weeks the boys have not been eating much of the Wagg Guinea Pig Crunch and just picking out the bits they like, so i got some tokens off for the PAH Nuggets so i went and got some.

Is it a good food for guineas?

Harry loves it, its cheaper than the supa nuggets thats why i get it, x

Eric is on the nuggets and I've been advised by the store and the vet we saw the other day that they are the best as he can't choose what he eats and they contain lots of 'good for him' stuff!

They are a suppliment to the hay, fruit, veg and grass he eats but he loves them!

Lu x

I will have a look at the ingredients for you in a bit.

But what they are is like a pellet with all of the vitmains and nutrients mixed in to one and they dont contain any colourings.

Nuggets are good as in they don't allow the guinea pig to do selective eating. As I have said in another post Vedra thinks the PAH Museli is really good so perhaps the nuggets are too?

Hiya Clare

Do you still want the list of ingredients for these?

Sorry i didn't get back ot you earlier, i have just been so busy

My piggies all eat PAH muesli and they seem to enjoy it along with their veg, fruit and hay ;D

Pets at Home Guinea Pig Nuggets

A uniform pellet made for Pets at Home. My guinea-pigs were fed on this before I got them, so I bought a bag of it to feed them on whilst I looked for the best feed. They ate it, but without much enthusiasm.

Ingredients
Wheat, Grass Meal, Soya, Peas, Oat Bran, Unmolassed Sugar Beet Pulp, Brewers Yeast, Vegetable Oil, Dicalcium phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Fructo-Oiligosaccharides. (Profeed min 0.25%) No added colourants or preservatives.

Typical Analysis
Protein (17%), Oils and Fats (4%), Fibre (15%), Ash (6.5%), Calcium (0.8%), Phosphorous (0.5%), Vitamin A (22,000 iu/kg), Vitamin D3 (1,250 iu/kg), Vitamin E - Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (100mg/kg), Vitamin C (800mg/kg) Copper as Cupric Sulphate (15mg/kg).

Contains no Coccidiostat. Vitamin levels guaranteed until best before date.

Feeding Guide
Adult guinea-pigs 30 - 50g daily. Introduce gradually.

*This info was from the bag not my own opinion/research lol ;)

Iv been feeding all my piggies PAH nuggets for the last three years
thay all seem to be doing well on it,
never had any health problems so it must be ok

On Monday, I went to PAH to get the guinea pigs some more Supa Guinea Excel. For a medium bag, the Supa is about £7.79 and the PAH Nuggets is about £4.50 oir something. I decided to get the 10kg weight bag as the pigs are going through so much food. The guinea pigs love the nuggets just as much as the suipa so might aswell save a bit of money so I can afford to get them other bits and pieces too! :D

I got my lot some nuggets yesterday! (That's well spent birthday money!)

Seems to be going down well at the mo!

WeeEric said:
Eric is on the nuggets and I've been advised by the store and the vet we saw the other day that they are the best as he can't choose what he eats and they contain lots of 'good for him' stuff!

I was told this aswell and the boys love them. 8)

I've been trying to get mine onto them for the past 6 wks & still they leave them in the bowl >:(
Any ideas on how to get them on it permanantly?

Niki said:
I've been trying to get mine onto them for the past 6 wks & still they leave them in the bowl >:(
Any ideas on how to get them on it permanantly?

How much food are you putting in the bowl?

I convert all the piggies who come to ARC onto Cavy cuisine, I cut the amount of their normal food right down to about a 1/3 of a bowl (for a pair of piggies) a day and then swap 10% with the new food, each day adding a little more of the new food and taking away the same amount of their old type food. If they are strugling to change, I stay with about 1/3 new mix and 2/3 old mix for a about 5 days and then continue slowly to change until I get completely changed. I believe the key is cutting the total amount of food right down after all most piggies are given too much dry food a day when compared to the recomended amount most companies suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back