• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

PAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hayleyandjohn

Went into the new PAh store they just opened in maidenhead today and was pleased to see that they have segragated the rabbits and the guinea pigs into their own cages. :)

Ooo
The one I went to had 20 rabbits in with 3 or 4 baby piggies.. What I didn't understand was why they piggies were in there when they had another 2 empty cages ?

hayleyandjohn said:
Went into the new PAh store they just opened in maidenhead today and was pleased to see that they have segragated the rabbits and the guinea pigs into their own cages. :)

It's a start, next step hopefully is that they stop selling animals...Oh happy day ::)

Barbara

hayleyandjohn said:

Ooh well it's definately a step in the right direction, out of interest were the pigs and bunnies segregated by sex too?
nd bunnies

Pinkfluff said:
hayleyandjohn said:

Ooh well it's definitely a step in the right direction, out of interest were the pigs and bunnies segregated by sex too?
nd bunnies

Now come on Pinkfluff...that really would be asking too much wouldn't it ::)
So many shops get around this by displaying a sign saying they can't guarantee the gender of animals...yeah well in that case, they shouldn't be selling them >:(

Barbara

Pinkfluff said:
hayleyandjohn said:

Ooh well it's definately a step in the right direction, out of interest were the pigs and bunnies segregated by sex too?
nd bunnies

They were four sections presumably, one for females rabbits, one for female guineas, one for male guineas and one for male rabbits.

I did however in a different PAH see a rabbit coming out of a hidey hut that is suppose to be a safe haven for guineas!

hayleyandjohn said:
They were four sections presumably, one for females rabbits, one for female guineas, one for male guineas and one for male rabbits.

I did however in a different PAH see a rabbit coming out of a hidey hut that is suppose to be a safe haven for guineas!

Well credit where credit is due, that's really great...I can't say much for the other one but it seems like the new place has definately got it's act together :)

I remember years ago whenever you went into a petshop there were always guineas/rabbits in tiny hutches. At least with PAH and the better petshops now, they give them much bigger areas. Obviously there are still rubbish petshops around that just use small hutches but hopefully people might start to get the message that these animals do need a bit of space.

the pet shop across the rd from me keeps 2 guineas or 2 rabbits or one of each in glass tank things that are about 15 or maybe 18 inches square, the animals always look so sad and the bowls of food are often empty when i go in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back