• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Painting the hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

lollipop87

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've just had my garden re-done. I have a beautiful cream shed and will be moving the hutch down there but its currently a wood brown.

My question is - which paint can I paint it in (Outside only) and how long do the pigs need to stay out of there for?

Lauren

I can't remember what the stuff I used was called but the paints do say on the back if they're safe for animals.

I did mine before I got the piggies so I can't help on that as mine were about 3 weeks before they went in it.

The colour your garden paint from wilkinsons is animal safe and an outdoor paint.

the two safe paints are cuprinol garden shades and the wilkos one mentioned above. i would leave them out of the hutch until it's dry and the paint smell has gone. :)

Fab, thank you.

Cuprinol is what we've painted the shed with. So will see what's left. I think i'll hold off until the summer holidays, I hoping they'll go on holiday to a friends and i'll be able to paint then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back