• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

parsley... how much per day ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

khadijah

Hi, i have 2 new piggys, and they go nuts for parsley. Where we buy it it comes in a huge bunch (not like the small supermarket packet) so I could give it to them regularly but I'm not sure how much is TOO much ? could it be harmful in large amounts ?

I think you can always have too much of a good thing. I think a small bunch a day would be good as it contains lots of vitamin c so thats not a bad thing ,just give lots of other different vegggies as well for a more balanced diet. (you are lucky as my piggy won't touch the stuff!)

Mine get a small buch everyday. My neighbour buys them a bag of it a week and last night my mum went out and bough 2 packs of it so mine will be eating it for ahwile ;D

mine would eat it all day everyday if given the chance.

I grow my own so they get a sprig each everyday

aswell as at least 4 other types of vegs

karen

ok thanks guys, a small bunch per day then. :)

p.s. you were dead right Linda.b. I did remove the sleeping house today and they are like different animals ! they're muttering to each other, more playful and to my utter suprise the one that would not even appear from the house is now the one thats least afraid and will eat from my hand ! ;D

Thanks so much

khadijah said:
ok thanks guys, a small bunch per day then. :)

p.s. you were dead right Linda.b. I did remove the sleeping house today and they are like different animals ! they're muttering to each other, more playful and to my utter suprise the one that would not even appear from the house is now the one thats least afraid and will eat from my hand ! ;D

Thanks so much

There was a thread on removing the house a few days ago, and a couple of people thought it was cruel to remove their 'safehouse' but I have to say it worked for me and Fudge. I did put it back in at bedtime though. Glad they're improving :)

Hello,

I would really just give a few leaves a day.
As parsley is so rich in calcium + vitamin c and a overfeeding on parsley causes bladder stones.
I remember that I read somewhere that it can bring pregnant gerbils (or cavies I'm not sure) into early labour.

Parsley is a treat rather than food.

Regards,

Iris

I agree with Iris as Parsley is high in calcuim it shouldn't be fed regularly and I feed it to mine as a treat :)

Infact it was today's treat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back