• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

patch and artie got vets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have got an appointment tomorrow morning for both patch who is not recovering from his tooth op on 7th Oct and think he will be pts, and artie who has paralised his back leg by getting it stuck in hay and twisting it, I've got Heidi she is a swedish young vet and very open to ideas so am also going to be taking my print outs of BAR and CCT to get her to update the skills at the practice especially on teeth problems if any of you have other convincing info I can print out to take please let me have it today , I'm ready for battle, :( my pigs are going to get what you are all able to get on the mainland ie good teeth ops with no anesthetic)

Fingers crossed for them both....

Good luck at the vets, I'll keep you and Patch in my thoughts.
Could Artie have dislocated his hip? Just thinking aloud.
Let us know how things go.
ake care,
Barbara

I'm off in a minute to the vets I am not hopeful for patch as the vet said maybe i should have put him to sleep when he had his op on 7th but we could give him a chance which I did, but obvioulsy its not going to work, :'( I feel so bad knowing i am taking a wonderful little man to be pts, :'( artie fingers crossed has only bruised his backbut you just never know so today is going to start off bad for me, I just know it :'( , I have got all my print outs to give Heidi the vet about CCT and BAR wish me luck

Good luck Michelle, poor little man :'(

well my brave little man was pts Heidi said the roots form the teeth had obviously started growing down into his jaw which the vet said would happen which is why he could'nt eat, she said he would have been in pain if I had'nt given him metcam, but as i said yes to him being pts he climbed up my front and was snuggling well both me and the receptionist who I knew was in floods of tears, :'( Heidi said she would give him a little gas to make him sleep then put him to sleep, I'm picking him up later as i bury all my pigs in my garden, why do we get so attached to them, :'( Artie has hopefully just bruised his back and that is what is making his right leg lame fingers crossed with metcam and rest it will heal if not she said he would just be lame which we can live with,
I also gave Heidi all the info about BAR and the CCT and said I was no longer happy having dentals donw under anesthetic so Heidi said she would look into the BAR courses and see if she can do one or two to improve her rodentology knowledge, yippee, I might be getting some where, Artie is going to be having a warm bath in a while to aid his lame leg and to keep him clean

Sorry to hear about you loss, you did as much as you could.

Barbara

just buried my brave little man under the buddlier bush, crying my eyes out, i got so close to him this past week or so, Arties had a bath lovely and warm and i encourgad him to move his right leg, I never saw a pig poop so much, the sink was filling quicker then I could empty it lol think the water stimulated his bowels, forgot to tell you Artie also had a swelling which turned out to be "GAS" so he needs a good fart I said, Heidi laughed when I said I've never ever heard a GP fart before, she was laughing and forgot to tell me if they do, does anyone know?? anyway a drop of gripe water should fix it as it dissolves gas I remember that from my kids years ago and luckly I have some in my GP medical drawer.

I am so sorry about Patch - such sad news.
Good news about Artie though - hopefully he will be fully recovered soon.

Sabrina
xx

just posted a memorial about patchy on the rainbow bridge posting and a lovely photo for you all to see how beautiful he was,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back