• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
as you might remember Patch had an op on his teeth last saturday as they had grown over his tongue, well I am still syringe feeding him little monkey I give him a good feed once a day, so he must be managing a bit of food but i have yet to see him, looks like he has problems biting the food his front teeth are together but slanted, do any of you think this could be a problem or is he still a little nervous about eating after his op, and where can I buy more critical care he is eating me out of my stock, last lot i got from ebay,

B

Bob and Ron

His mouth may still be a bit sensitive, I thought piggies teeth were supposed to be even in comparison with the lower ones- i may be wrong. They bite with the front teeth and chew with the back,not sure on that one-sorry.I dont know where you can buy critical care-sorry again. Maybe once he's eating better,you could try Metatone tonic,it's a pick me up for humans that is safe for piggies,it helps restore energy and vitality !(says on the box).I've used it on a sow before with no ill effects.Sorry i havent been much use good luck
Kay

starshine

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I always get my critical care from the Thistle Cavies shop on their website. Helps out rescue piggies too then!

C

cavykind

Patch should be eating by himself by now, at least that is my experience with guineas when they have had a dental under anaesthetic. My guineas have always been eating normally within 24 hours. Within hours they ahve been at their food bowls and munching. I'd call your vet in the morning and take him along.

If he's not been eating dry food, or very little, his front teeth could be growing too long. These are easily trimmed. Something isn't right here, if you aren't already doing so, start weighing him too.

Hope all goes well,
Barbara

Reaction score
just brought a hugh tub of critical care from thistle cavys, and am taking him back to the vets for more checks, let you know how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.