• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Patchy dry skin patch around eye

Morgie16

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is going on? He is a male named Pumba. He is is between 5-7 years old. At first it didn’t bother him but now he is itching at it. I have some tobramycine from a previous eye infection in a different pig. Should I put some of that on him? He is still acting completely normal.

Attachments

• A9B1E991-9B0B-4D63-BD6E-EC19F780ECE4.jpeg
    A9B1E991-9B0B-4D63-BD6E-EC19F780ECE4.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 3
I wouldn't use something that was prescribed for another piggy as it could make the problem worse and mask the symptoms for the vet. I would take your piggy to the vet for a proper diagnosis and then you'll know what you are dealing with. It does look very sore. How long has your piggy had this patch for?

Back