• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pebbles moved in today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
pebbles1.jpg

pebbles2.jpg

pebbles3.jpg

pebbles4.jpg

She is the most gorgeous piggy ever, soooooo tame, and I think I couldnt have wished for a nicer pig than her :)

Thank you so much Hilary!

I forgot how her ears go bright red for no apparant reason!
Fab name, so glad she's settled in.

How did it go with your pigs? has she managed the ramps yet & have you had any piggy kisses yet?

H78 x

Awww she's very pretty isn't she?

Kathryn x

She was so sweet on the way home :) She kept pushing her head against the roof of the transport box, until I took her out..
so she spent at least half an hour to 45 mins on my lap. (You were right, she doesnt wee! :) )

Had her on my lap together with Milka for a bit, they seemed to get on fine - well, Milka was nipping her a bit from time to time, but otherwise they were huddled together.

Then we put them in the cage. Uh-oh. Milka is chasing and chattering and nipping her, poor Pebbles, I know they have to sort themselves out but I feel so sorry for her... she is just squeaking and trying to hide, and Milka just doesnt get it. Marvin? He went down to have a sniff at new girly, but got in between her and Milka just when Milka wanted to go and be bossy again - so he did the clever thing: go up a floor or two and left them to it. I would have done the same in his position ;D Never get in between two women fighting.

I hope they will settle in a bit, Milka probably feels threatened because Pebbles is quite a bit bigger than her.

So far Pebbles hasnt tried the ramps yet, but will keep you updated on how she manages :) Usually they figure them out real quick.

Btw, did Pebbles not have a house where she came from? Because she doesnt quite seem to understand that you should hide in drainpipes when nasty piggy tries to nip you - she tries to climb on top of them ? Is she not used to houses and pipes?

She did have a drian pipe in her cage (still there just about to clear it out!) but thinking about it she didn't go in it. She preferred to hide under things such as boxes etc. I'm sure they'll sort it out. its just a bit traumatic watching them sort it out. Sounds horrid but try rubbing some of the litter from your 2 on Pebbles so that she smells like them. She'll need a bath next week anyway!

She did like to hide in fleece...

is there anything special I need to consider with this bath? does that stuff need to soak in a couple of minutes, or just do it like normal shampoo?

They will sort it out, I'm sure of it, I just dont want to watch, but I cant help sneaking down and looking! ::) my nerves..

I do have two fleece beds, one is too big for that cage (only use it in the run) but squeakypigs is sending me my small fleece piggybed that I forgot at the CCT, so then shell have a cosy house to hide in :)
I'm afraid for now she will have to do with wooden bridges, drainpipes and plenty of hay...

She is so beautiful :) Everyone I showed the pics commented on her HUUUUUUUUUGE dark eyes - she is a pretty one :)

It meant to be left in for 3 mins but I just massage it in for a good while (sometimes works out more). I find it easier with this particular pig if you keep your left hand under her with her facing your elbow & then use your right hand to do the business. She'll protest at first but soon settles down.

Aw she really is a pig in a million!

Aww she is so gorgeous! Lovely colouring and she seems a sweet girl :)

Ulrike, she is beautiful & her name really suits her.
I'm sure Milka will settle down soon
Niki :)

Thanks! : )

I just want to insist - I DID NOT PICK THAT NAME! Its all my boyfriends fault. He thought its a cute name for a piggy. *sigh*

pebbles5.jpg

Aaah. Thanks for posting those pics - eve & I have missed her today. My pigs have mostly been outside or in the shed & we've never had a pig inside for so long. I even said good night & good morning towards the direction of the cage! Its strange how habits develop (says her who was a drug counsellor!).

She looks very nice with your 2. I'm glad she's settling in :)

but the poor thing is so thin :(

We weighed her yesterday, she was 925g... and she is quite a big girl.. We will try to do our best and get her up to 1100g or something like that... I can feel her bones when I'm cuddling her :( Poor little mite.
Say, did they even have hay in their cages? Or was really just mucky bedding and shredded wheat? :o

Thats about it. They did come with a bag of hay but to be honest it looked ancient - like it hadn't been touched for years. She's had plenty while she was here tho! I didn't weigh her here but she did put on weight.

Did you check her face after that strawberry - looks like she's killed something!

Testing new food:

scienceselective.jpg

scienceselective2.jpg

Random shots from today:

trio.jpg

^- Marvin feeling Pebbles up, Milka looking a bit confused -^

hello.jpg

^- Hello Hilary! :) -^

evil.jpg

^- Is it just me or does she look very evil on this one? -^

She does look very happy Abnoba :)

I take it things have settled down a bit now?

when they are in the run, everything is fine - well, apart from marvin being the randy boar he is, he still tries to get on top of her ;)

But when they are back in the new cage, Pebbles sticks to the bottom floor and doesnt go up ramps or anything, she just starts weaking miserably and only stops if we take her out to give her a cuddle. My boyfriend suggested seperating two floors off and give her time to explore the cage without the others around... I just wasnt sure if that wouldnt interrupt the process of introducing them to each other?

but I suppose, seeing as they get on well now in the run together, I might try it... :-\ I am just thinking what treats would make her go up a ramp - she mostly goes for brokkoli and carrot, she doesnt seem to like the strawberries or the cucumber that much these days... she ignores the lettuce... I suppose its dandelion plucking duty again for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back