Pellet Food Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a very large number of guinea pigs and want to get them a very good quality pellet food. Some say its ok to give them Rabbit pellets as long as I they have plenty of veg ect (with vitamin C in). What is a good pellet that will be good on the pocket for 25 guinea pigs. Or can you give rabbit pellets if giving vitamin C in powder form on food...

Shellza

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I wouldn't advise to feed rabbit pellets to pigs, just because I don't know what the differences are between them or how much Vit C they would need. I know the Wagg Optimum are reasonably cheap, but I don't really know any others apart from Excel, which can be quite expensive. It may be worthwhile getting a large bag of Excel...it might work out cheaper in the long run.

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a very large number of guinea pigs and want to get them a very good quality pellet food. Some say its ok to give them Rabbit pellets as long as I they have plenty of veg ect (with vitamin C in). What is a good pellet that will be good on the pocket for 25 guinea pigs. Or can you give rabbit pellets if giving vitamin C in powder form on food...

No way. Please don't do this ^_^ Rabbit pellets have extra vitamin D in it, which guineas don't need. Some Rabbit Pellets also have other things in them that are bad for Guineapigs but awesome for Bunnies.

I buy a bulk lot from Ebay, as I have 18 piggies myself. I can give you the link if you're interested, it's very good value for money and they nom it lots ^_^ x

Reaction score
No way. Please don't do this ^_^ Rabbit pellets have extra vitamin D in it, which guineas don't need. Some Rabbit Pellets also have other things in them that are bad for Guineapigs but awesome for Bunnies.

I buy a bulk lot from Ebay, as I have 18 piggies myself. I can give you the link if you're interested, it's very good value for money and they nom it lots ^_^ x

If you can send me the link then that would be great :) I have just brought some Wagg Optimum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.