• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pellets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well, I went searching online for Oxbow(Hearing that's the best) and found that Petsmart sells it Cavy Cuisine. Well, that's for Adults. What about baby piggies?

Other foods they have are:
Kaytee Timothy Complete
Nutriphase
Kaytee Fiesta
Kaytee Forti Diet
Kaytee Natural Diet

OR should I just ick-snay the bad foods and order the food off a place like Petfooddirect.com?

Oxbow Cavy Performance is alfalfa based so it's for baby pigs, while Cavy Cuisine is timothy based so for adults as you said.

Wish Petsmart sold them both as I have young pigs! Tho I am still trying to use a bag of other food up that I bought before doing my research on what is best... bad me.

I'd try to order the Cavy Performance online. Here that stuff is good! :)

I started my guys off on Zupreem pellets. I have been feeding my birds Zupreem for years, so I figured that it was a good brand.

Someone on another board told me that Zupreem includes ingredients that aren't optimal for piggy health. They recommended Cavy Cuisine. I had to order it online, since Petco, the big pet store chain in NYC doesn't carry it.

My guys weren't very enthusiastic about the Zupreem -- at the end of the day, there was always food left in their bowl. They love the Cavy Cuisine! They get excited when I put it in their bowl and there is almost nothing left at the end of the day.

I will never buy any other brand.

order online anyway. Don't support petsmart as they breed and sell small animals for money x x x

Oxbow have a list of online stockists or you can search for a store nearby which sells it

http://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/contact/find_products

As PiggiePal says though it would be better if you could buy from somewhere who doesn't sell animals x
I appreciate this line of thinking. :rose

The pet store that I frequent is Petco, not Petsmart. I'm sure that they do their share of small animal breeding, which I certainly do not support.

They also support animal adoptions. I adopted both of my piggies from them. They had been brought in by two separate women who no longer wanted them. In addition to small animal adoptions, one of the kitty rescue organizations sets up shop in their stores on the weekends.

I'm certainly not saying that Petco is the most moral organization on the planet. I do, however, believe that they are taking steps in the right direction.

That's just my two-cents worth. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back