• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pemba The Peruvian

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesca_27

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've been meaning to start this thread for over a week because I am useless like that.

Anyway, I would like to formally introduce Pemba the Peruvian fluff ball.

IMG_3213.JPG IMG_3141.JPG IMG_3143.JPG IMG_3145.JPG IMG_3150.JPG

He is an 18 month old rescue/long term foster from This Little Piggy Richmond. His previous owner had to move abroad and only made arrangements for him the day before she left. He has lived alone his whole life in an 100 cm cage.

He has successfully bonded with Oreo and they are extremely close and funny to watch. They love to share everything including bowls, bottles, hideys and hay trays, despite having one each. Neither of them seem to be particularly dominant as I have seen both rumble strutting. Pemba is a very outgoing boar who loves running around and only tolerates cuddles.

I do have a few questions about him and his fur so I will just include those here. He seems to have dry skin. Is this common with Peruvians? What can I do to combat this? His feet do look a little red and inflamed. What can I get to sort them out? How often should I shampoo him and what one should I get? Should I trim his 'fringe'? What scissors can I use for trimming his fur? Sorry there's quite a lot, but I haven't found much out about maintaining his beautiful fur.

He is lovely. Gorgeous guineas do an aloe vera gell that is soothing for feet. Sugar and spice piggies did a video ... viovet haul i think. They also sell shampoo for long haired piggies posh and go. S and s piggies also talks about some ointment that she puts on her piggies dry skin. Didnt sleep much last night so too tired to look it up. Soz.

I plan to use hair cutting scissors on my two. There are some great gp hair trimming vids on youtube too!

So glad that they have settled together. What a great thing for both of them. You must be delighted. I have been waiting for this thread. It always takes me ages to get round to stuff.

What an absolutely stunning piggie.
And I am so happy that he has finally found a good and loving home, and a proper piggie friend.
I would second the Gorgeous Guinea recommendation.
They do perfect paws ointment for sore feet and lots of different shampoos.
When Eddi was having skin issues I sent them a message asking for advice and they were super helpful with lots of good ideas.

Not sure what to advice, but I want to say what a handsome boar he is. He looks so full of character and you have given him a home where he can let his character show. A companion and a lovely cage, all the comforts, I bet he is in his element now :)

What a lucky piggy. To have lived all his life alone and then to be given the chance to live with another piggy in a great new home. I love a happy ending and he looks delighted.

I feel so bad only replying now, but I am not very good at updating my own threads :(.

He is lovely. Gorgeous guineas do an aloe vera gell that is soothing for feet. Sugar and spice piggies did a video ... viovet haul i think. They also sell shampoo for long haired piggies posh and go. S and s piggies also talks about some ointment that she puts on her piggies dry skin. Didnt sleep much last night so too tired to look it up. Soz.

I plan to use hair cutting scissors on my two. There are some great gp hair trimming vids on youtube too!

So glad that they have settled together. What a great thing for both of them. You must be delighted. I have been waiting for this thread. It always takes me ages to get round to stuff.

Thanks FF :)!

Oh my that third photo. "Slave, where is my food? My bowl is empty!" He's beautiful, lucky Oreo!
Thank you :). There was actually oats in the bowl, a favourite of both of them, but it looks like bedding. He's just very nosy :lol!:

Isn't he sweet. I agree with @Lorcan that's definitely a "Where's my food" pose.

Thanks :). He always wants food, even though he just had oats. :lol!:

Just gorgeous! :love:

What an absolutely stunning piggie.
And I am so happy that he has finally found a good and loving home, and a proper piggie friend.
I would second the Gorgeous Guinea recommendation.
They do perfect paws ointment for sore feet and lots of different shampoos.
When Eddi was having skin issues I sent them a message asking for advice and they were super helpful with lots of good ideas.

Thank you :)!

Such a cute little fluff ball :love:

Not sure what to advice, but I want to say what a handsome boar he is. He looks so full of character and you have given him a home where he can let his character show. A companion and a lovely cage, all the comforts, I bet he is in his element now :)

Thank you :)! That means a lot.

What a lucky piggy. To have lived all his life alone and then to be given the chance to live with another piggy in a great new home. I love a happy ending and he looks delighted.

Thanks - that's so kind of you :)

I've been meaning to start this thread for over a week because I am useless like that.

Anyway, I would like to formally introduce Pemba the Peruvian fluff ball.

View attachment 58976 View attachment 58977 View attachment 58978 View attachment 58979 View attachment 58980

He is an 18 month old rescue/long term foster from This Little Piggy Richmond. His previous owner had to move abroad and only made arrangements for him the day before she left. He has lived alone his whole life in an 100 cm cage.

He has successfully bonded with Oreo and they are extremely close and funny to watch. They love to share everything including bowls, bottles, hideys and hay trays, despite having one each. Neither of them seem to be particularly dominant as I have seen both rumble strutting. Pemba is a very outgoing boar who loves running around and only tolerates cuddles.

I do have a few questions about him and his fur so I will just include those here. He seems to have dry skin. Is this common with Peruvians? What can I do to combat this? His feet do look a little red and inflamed. What can I get to sort them out? How often should I shampoo him and what one should I get? Should I trim his 'fringe'? What scissors can I use for trimming his fur? Sorry there's quite a lot, but I haven't found much out about maintaining his beautiful fur.
I used to have a teddy piggy, has very dry ears especially, I used to put baby oil on them and my vet said that was perfect!

Wow gorgeous little man, Tia has really long hair at the front & yes I do trim it. She stands still really well I always put my fingers between her skin & the bit I'm cutting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back