• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Penny

pollyandpenny

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I forgot I had this account I’m glad to have logged in again. My beautiful girl penny passed away on 16th November at 6.15pm. She had just had a birthday in august she was only 2. She got ill very fast I did my best to save her she was at the vets everyday for a week. She had a X-ray and they found she had a blockage in her stomach they weren’t sure if it was gas or liquid. I was feeding her every 3 hours with recovery plus giving her everything she needs but I couldn’t save her. She seemed to be improving over the weekend but on Monday she deteriorated beyond belief she was limp and not very warm. I got her straight to the vets and she passed a hour later whilst in intensive care. I got to say goodbye and tell her how much mummy loves her. My heart is broken I’ve got another pig but the way I loved my penny was different she was my world she melted my heart everyday with that face and big bum. I am lost without her I can’t stop looking at her videos and pics it’s bittersweet. She had the best life ever she was a very well looked after pig she was almost double what girl pigs are meant to weigh as I couldn’t say no to that face. I love her so so so much I don’t ever want another animal as I feel it would be a betrayal. Our bond was on another level I know she loved me a lot. I miss you so much chonk mummy will never forget you. Thank you so much my girl for all the good memories xxFD5F79DB-9F46-417B-9385-109E4C662AC0.png45FC7101-208E-4282-AC9F-32196CBF9190.jpeg

RIP Penny

I am so sorry; I have lost piggies of mine to blockage (one of them over Christmas Day 2017) and to severe bloat. It is always a desperate battle that often cannot be one. It sounds like you and your vets have tried everything, so please be sad but do not feel like you have failed her. It is one of these 'cosmic bad karma' things that you cannot prevent or predict.

Be kind to yourself in the coming days and weeks. You can find more information for yourself and Penny's companion as well as a couple of links in case you have a strong need to make sense of what has happened.

Digestive Disorders: Diarrhea - Bloat - GI Stasis (No Gut Movement) And Not Eating
Death, Dying, Terminal Illness, Grieving and Bereaved Companions: Information and Support for Owners and Their Children

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful Penny.
Be gentle with yourself as you grieve

I’m so sorry you lost your special girl :hug: treasure your memories x
Sleep tight Penny 🌈

What a traumatic time you have endured. Although there will be a Penny-shaped hole in your heart, treasure the memories and she will always be with you, even though it will be raw right now. Sending hugs to you. Sleep tight beautiful girl x

I am so deeply sorry to read this. Massive hugs to you at this really sad time. I am so very sorry for your loss. X x

Sleep well little one

RIP Penny

x x

Thankyou. I’ve just got this from one of the vets I’ve had mega meltdowns at recently omg so nice of them to do can’t believe it I’ve turned there waiting room into the mental ward loads of times and they’re are all so lovely, I also have her ashes back from exotic vet it took over 2 weeks xx D7C6C150-4D70-4C86-8194-6C4449FA1341.jpegE92E45EB-7693-42A9-8C6C-C621117816EF.jpegB0263D37-C52E-41C3-A187-60546F6E1F5B.jpeg

Back