• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pepper needs a new friend

Emmamarie123

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As some of you may know I lost my beautiful Crumble a couple of days ago. She was paired with Pepper who is a skinny.
I had not really thought about getting a new friend yet as it’s been a really rough few days mentally but I have started to notice some things with Pepper.
One of the main things is that she has starting to chew into the lining of the bath mats which I use. (She has never ever done this). I have a feeling the change in behaviour is due to her being alone. I interact with her as much as I can but she is still being destructive. So much so that I have swapped to fleece liners as she has already destroyed two bath mats.(luckily she hadn’t ingested anything).

I don’t know if any one will remember, but Pepper came to me with her sister and they fought the first day they came home and had to be seperated. She doesn’t cope well in my herd cage so I bonded her with Crumble.

I am very nervous about bonding again as I know how difficult she can be. She is still eating and drinking but I am actively going to try find a friend for her this week as I don’t want her getting used to being alone.
Sorry this is so long a post

Attachments

• F129E875-B03B-4219-87A1-252D50931055.jpeg
    F129E875-B03B-4219-87A1-252D50931055.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 4
I’m sorry for your loss. Are you able to contact rescues and see if they can help find her a friend?

Back