Peppers! šŸ…šŸ„¬šŸ„’

What colour Bell Peppers do your Piggies prefer? šŸ¾

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The F-G Piggies

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello Guys!

Iā€™ve just adopted 3 beautiful female Guinea Pigs named Paige, Sophia and Hadley, and I want to include bell peppers in their diet. Iā€™ve given them yellow today and they werenā€™t very impressed haha. I will be trying the other colours too as I know that some guinea pigs do prefer some colours over another and I was just interested in what colour your Guinea Pigs prefer šŸ˜

Thank You šŸ¾

Welcome.
My Finn and Lara prefer variety of veggies. Some of their favorite veggies include romaine lettuce, celery, cilantro, parsley, basil, carrot, kale, dandelion, sprout, cucumber, bell peppers and etc.
They also like some fruits like apples, blueberry, watermelon, and etc.
Mine are introduced to many different types of veggies and fruits, and I feel they enjoy all of them.

Mine happily eat them all. We only eat the red and yellow so I buy the green ones just for the piggies. My rabbit loves the red but not the others.

Mine scoff red pepper. They'd eat orange and yellow if that's the only ones on offer and they won't touch green. But I can't stand green pepper as it's so bitter so can't really blame them!

Ive heard green bell peppers are lower in sugar than red. Are the different colours just different maturities?
Yeah i think so. They start green, then yellow, then orange and red. I've bought peppers changing colours like part yellow and part orange. It would make sense that green are lower in sugar than red as green are really bitter and red are sweet and so yummy!

Welcome to the forum
Mine will only eat red peppers. They reject yellow or green peppers.
Have you seen the forum guides for piggocsre?
As well as information for new owners there is good guidance on feeding.
You will find that every pig has their own favourites and this weekā€™s favourite food is next weekā€™s poison!

Please let us see pictures

Mine eventually eat all colours of pepper. If thatā€™s all that is offered they will usually eat it. They definitely prefer the sweeter ones, but green will eventually go.
Except courgette and squash. Those ended up in the poo piles as a protest.

I had a pig called Peanut who would actually throw the veggies he didnā€™t like out of his bowl and on to the floor. This included- carrots, green peppers and broccoli šŸ˜‚

Thank you everyone for your advice with all fruits and veggies and an insight on what are your piggies favourites. Itā€™s so sweet that they all have different preferences and it was really interesting listening to your answers. Skypipdot, I didnā€™t know there was a purple bell pepper. I will keep a look out and see if my piggies like them šŸ˜ and thatā€™s interesting about Sainsburyā€™s red peppers haha šŸ˜ Merabā€™s Slave, I havenā€™t seen that forum, I will check it out. And I will definitely post pictures when they are more confident šŸ˜Š

Back