Pests

kkewharding94

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Can someone help me.... I keep coming across these I’ve no idea what it is or why, my girls have their own bedroom as you can see, they have fleece bedding and a little tray for their hay. I clean their room 2/3 times a week, fresh hay 1-2 a week. I put their bedding on a 90 degree wash and dry on a radiator, I use antibacterial spray, p@h safe & clean spray, deodorising spray ( their air freshener 🙈 ) and their own vets4pets candle. Please help

Attachments

ThePotterPiggie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This sounds stupid but they're not woodlice, are they?
Whatever they are, as long as their not flies, lice etc. and aren't bothering your pigs, they are probably fine living alongside them. Three of mine are in an outside hutch and I'm constantly coming across earwigs, woodlice and the like in their bedding.

Betsy

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
It's a woodlouse. They tend to come in the house around mid August, September. They don't harm piggies. There are woodlice and earwigs in my hutch too and they don't bother my piggies.

Alisa3114

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Could either be a wood louse or a carpet beetle.

I love their little room I wish I had a room like that for my piggies 😍

kkewharding94

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aww good glad my girls will be okay, I’ve been in a panic so I’ve spent all day on my hands and knees emptying draws, cupboards scrubbing, wiping, hoovering well I don’t need go in to it lol 😂 but could quite happily have a glass of wine or a bottle 🙈 thank you for getting back to me x