• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pets At Home Hay Crates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I dot really like pets at home but I called into one at a local shopping centre yesterday. I noticed in the pens with thine pigs and rabbits they had wooden crates which the filled with hay for the pigs to burrow in and play in. They don't sell the crates there unfortunately. Does anyone know where you can get a pig safe wooden crate like these?

I have seen those crates too. Personally I wouldn't want to buy them as they look dangerous!
They could get heads stuck in the gaps.

Yes good point. My pigs are silly and would definately find a way to get there heads stuck if they could.

No bu I think I might give them a miss if they could get their heads stuck.

the gap in them I think was smaller that the gaps in my run and c&c grid... so it could be alright for adult piggies... and the baby piggies I saw in there were hiding in it haha

the gap in them I think was smaller that the gaps in my run and c&c grid... so it could be alright for adult piggies... and the baby piggies I saw in there were hiding in it haha
Just been back to pets at home as one of the fluorescent tubes in my fish tank decided to choose today to die on me( i normally get them from a local independant shop but it was closed) and had another look at their crates and your right. The gaps are small. I'm not sure where they get them from though.

Just been back to pets at home as one of the fluorescent tubes in my fish tank decided to choose today to die on me( i normally get them from a local independant shop but it was closed) and had another look at their crates and your right. The gaps are small. I'm not sure where they get them from though.
I think they may be part of their new range, assume they'll be put up after the sales... As I can't find them anywhere! Haha.
I got my fish some weed this morning , lucky fish ;)

I think they may be part of their new range, assume they'll be put up after the sales... As I can't find them anywhere! Haha.
I got my fish some weed this morning , lucky fish ;)
I know they started using those cardboard huts covered in seed sort looking things with their pigs, now they have put them up for the public to buy. May do the same for the death trap hay crates!

I know they started using those cardboard huts covered in seed sort looking things with their pigs, now they have put them up for the public to buy. May do the same for the death trap hay crates!
The crates really do look okay Rach xx and you know how think I am about what I'd get the boys, the gaps are ever so small

I've notcied these too and though I like them I also worried about them getting stuck :(

I have not seen the wooden hay crates in P@H. But I think that those folding metal hay racks that they sell are stupid things. They may be too stiff for the piggies to close themselves, but you can't get much hay in them. And the bottom is so narrow that you can't get the hay right down in the bottom. I got my large metal hay racks from Ebay and Zooplus. They measure 19 X 19 X 11 cm. Only problem is they don't have rungs on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back