Pets at home question

Skullblits

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know if they are taking cash again?

Eddie & Elvis

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Are you planning to buy guinea pigs from pets at home? If so I'd strongly suggest rehoming from your local rescue instead. Adopting from a rescue guarantees healthy, correctly sexed and bonded piggies whereas pets shops or pets at home doesn't.

Skullblits

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Are you planning to buy guinea pigs from pets at home? If so I'd strongly suggest rehoming from your local rescue instead. Adopting from a rescue guarantees healthy, correctly sexed and bonded piggies whereas pets shops or pets at home doesn't.
Oh no just looking for hay and 5 million other things for are collection of pets

Eddie & Elvis

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Good to know, I was just making sure 🙂 I don't actually know if they're taking cash though so I'm not much use 🤦🏼‍♀️

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I hate using my card to pay for things lol
Me too, but a lot of shops here won't take cash. I've left shopping and walked out of shops empty handed several times recently. I don't mind paying for large supermarket shops with a card but I object to putting lots of silly little amounts on it. If they don't want my money they don't get my custom!

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
It may depend on the store.
Last time I went to buy wood shavings they were taking cash but preferred contactless.

Piggylove82

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Even contactless payments need you to enter your PIN from time to time though. And then, for us it's eurgh 😷 🧼👐

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Really? I use contactless all the time and never had to enter my pin. I'm that person who never has cash and puts bus tickets and other tiny amounts on it :))
I think they're supposed to, but I've never had to with the debit card.

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
I think they're supposed to, but I've never had to with the debit card.
I'm genuinely surprised. I'm the person that gets stopped for a random check everytime they use scan as you shop so I'm surprised I've never had this happen to me too :))

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I'm genuinely surprised. I'm the person that gets stopped for a random check everytime they use scan as you shop so I'm surprised I've never had this happen to me too :))
It's great for me, because I haven't forgotten what that PIN is or anything :bal:

Piggylove82

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Really? I use contactless all the time and never had to enter my pin. I'm that person who never has cash and puts bus tickets and other tiny amounts on it :))
For my bank, every half dozen times or so (not sure of the exact number) that I use contactless, I have to input my PIN.

But.

I rarely use it in an ATM. So I think if you're inputting your PIN when you use an ATM, your bank is getting confirmation that your card is being used by the account holder (because no one else should know your PIN!) so you won't have to enter your PIN when you're paying in Tesco 😂.

It's a good idea to have to enter your PIN (either in store or in an ATM) regularly otherwise what's to stop it from being stolen or cloned and used by someone else? 😳

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
The contactless limit is £45 so if you spend £75 on stuff for the piggies it’s a PIN job.

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I think if you've used contactless 3 times in a day you have to reset the pin to prove your not a thief on a spending spree!

Piggylove82

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I think if you've used contactless 3 times in a day you have to reset the pin to prove your not a thief on a spending spree!
For my bank, it's not as frequent as that. But they do monitor if the card is used with a PIN (like at a cashpoint) just to be sure it's being used legitimately by the account holder (who should be the only one that knows this number!).