• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pets at Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if theres anyone in Rotherham/Sheffield area but where is the new Rspca? Because when you ring the Rspca its a national number.Alot of ppl think since the one at Spring street closed that there isnt one, surely there is, just dont know where :-\

We have the same prob with our pet stores keeping piggies and bunnies together grrrrrrrrrrrrr
I've told them a couple of times and you know what their answer is ....
"Well we do separate the boys and girls and we've not got enough room to separate the piggies and bunnies"
Too much of a rehearsed line i say, if you can't separate them then don't sell them MORONS. Sorry if that was a bit strong.

we have 2 p@h were we are. at one the bottles are dirty and green but the piggies can reach them. they have a hutch with no hay inside and just ground floor and only the rabbis can get it there. the guinea pigs have louds of places to hide, which can be a pain, because you can't see them and half of them have hardly been handled  at birth so they are terrifed to come out. not to mention the fact of people banging the sides and screaming.
the other 1 has clean but only 1 water bottle which the pets fight over. normally they have piggies in seperate cages that have been brought back. so they sell them 4 more! i no its wrong. but manly only kids go pets at home because its well known and they cant b bothered 2 wait for piggies in centres or find breeders when they could have them as soon as they want. so kids are really going to buy a baby piggiy than a older piggie. its the plain truth. like a kid would rather have a kitten than a cat. not saying the piggies are worth less when they're older but they should be trying to get them to a new home immdetaily!

the hutchs are good though.

I cant fault them for the service i received from the Lady that helped me get my boys, what i didnt appreciate was the fact that they were covered in mites and had skin problems which i have eradicated by only getting my hay from one place and i stick to the same one.

I am in the process of trying not to use woodshaving but they do only have it in their toilet area, I'm at the moment changing the whole shed to make it free range but I'm struggling to fine something to protect the floor with

minky said:
I cant fault them for the service i received from the Lady that helped me get my boys, what i didnt appreciate was the fact that they were covered in mites and had skin problems which i have eradicated by only getting my hay from one place and i stick to the same one.

I am in the process of trying not to use woodshaving but they do only have it in their toilet area, I'm at the moment changing the whole shed to make it free range but I'm struggling to fine something to protect the floor with

Hmm I'm thinking of going in today and looking round but I'm gonna mention the mites etc and tell them that when we've had pigs from there theyve always had the mites and we had to pay out to treat them,then again the staff are so braindead itll prob go in one ear and out the other ::)

[
Hmm I'm thinking of going in today and looking round but I'm gonna mention the mites etc and tell them that when we've had pigs from there theyve always had the mites and we had to pay out to treat them,then again the staff are so braindead itll prob go in one ear and out the other ::)
[/quote]

When i mentioned it to the manager when i was there a few weeks back he just like he couldnt care less, strange thing is ive had hamsters from there that have died within a week. I wrote a letter of complaint stating that it cud be not a coincidencethat this happened, and also one of the chinese hamster that was in the cage things had no water cos the bottle had leaked all over the sawdust !

I did get a refund and a bag of food out of them for the inconvenience but things dont seem to have changed that much there. There are some that know what they are talking about and others that just couldnt care less whether you had them or not

I would love to know what happens so keep us updated !

I agree with you on that,many times we've been in and looked at the fish and most of them are just floating dead spreading whatever they died of to the rest of the fish.

God know whats wrong with that place but I dont like it at all,they think they know it all about animals but they know nothing >:(

altho the piggy cages have come down in price at last

Every fish we have had from there died within 2 weeks

The only reason i had my boys from there was because i couldnt find any anywhere else UNTIL i started checking the forums and guess what i discovered the rescues i could have kicked myself but i wouldnt take them back !

Iv since rescued 2 girls as you know i would love another but until i can get the shed sorted its impossible

I'm still interested in Leo but I'm worried that he may be isolated on his own and wud prefer to have him mingle with the boys

minky said:

minky may I suggest corrolux its a palstic covered type cardboard all my pigs live in cc runs with this to line them and they each have about 6 inches high of corrolux around the sides to protect from draughts, on the shed floor is lio from band q only cost me £20 each shed but its so easy to keep clean and wash down,

lizz79 said:
Not sure if theres anyone in Rotherham/Sheffield area but where is the new Rspca? Because when you ring the Rspca its a national number.Alot of ppl think since the one at Spring street closed that there isnt one, surely there is, just dont know where :-\

I was thinking that too, if I find out I'll tell you. I don't go to PAH much either, but I've only ever been to Rotherham Parkgate one. (I live in Rotherham btw, well, Maltby in rotherham XD)

Ok Ive emailed PAH and complained about various things,but mainly about the mites and the fact they charge £19 per pig and for that price the pigs should be treated for mites etc before theyre sold

Ill let you know if I get a reply

I live in Rotherham as well ;D. I went for a job interview at the Parkgate PAH before the store was all rearranged and I told my interviewer that rabbits and guinea pigs shouldn't be kept together. I didn't get the job ::)

Kat

hah they dont like the truth or someone knowing more than them,shame its their loss ;)

minky may I suggest corrolux its a palstic covered type cardboard all my pigs live in cc runs with this to line them and they each have about 6 inches high of corrolux around the sides to protect from draughts, on the shed floor is lio from band q only cost me £20 each shed but its so easy to keep clean and wash down,
[/quote]

well heres what ive done so far i have lots of old floor tiles which will just cover the floor i want to seperate the hutch in 2 BUT when i have looked at the ramps they are too steep for them so they are currently separated on c&c grids on the floor as it was getting dark ive secured it the floor i think should be ok with tiles underneath covrerd with towels and newspaper

Now uve mentioned that corrolux thats a good idea where did you get that from ?

KatsCavies said:
I live in Rotherham as well ;D. I went for a job interview at the Parkgate PAH before the store was all rearranged and I told my interviewer that rabbits and guinea pigs shouldn't be kept together. I didn't get the job ::)

Kat
Which PAH did you friend go to? Parkgate PAH still have them as far as I know.

::) I got all my guineas' stuff from PAH but would never get the pets there. They have a few guineas and bunnies but they keep them together and it's just mean. I adopted my boys from a rescue shelter and would highly recommend this as a way to make some unwanted pets a great home! It makes me sad to think of the pets at PAH but if we bought them out of pity then that would only increase the need for them to sell pets, so I guess we just have to hope they sort out their knowledge and give their livestock to good homes x

A P@H Salesperson told me they only keep the same guinea pigs there for a week before 'moving them on' I personally didn't want to ask where they get 'moved on' to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back