• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pets @ Home Guinea Pig Treats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maisy and Poppy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone recommend any piggy things from pets @ home? As I have some money to spend on my piggys and wondered what you like!
Thanks,
Emily :)

I prefer not to buy things from Pets at Home - or any other pet shop that sells live rodents. However, I do know that Pets at Home sell the sea grass tunnels that my Guinea pigs love

I prefer not to buy things from Pets at Home - or any other pet shop that sells live rodents. However, I do know that Pets at Home sell the sea grass that my Guinea pigs love
You mean the sea grass tunnels. My parents bought them once and with in 2 days my piggys had chewed it all to pieces so my parents have refused to buy any more! I don't really like supporting pets @ home but I like to see things before buying them and I can't find anywhere else that stocks such a wide range of things.

You mean the sea grass tunnels. My parents bought them once and with in 2 days my piggys had chewed it all to pieces so my parents have refused to buy any more! I don't really like supporting pets @ home but I like to see things before buying them and I can't find anywhere else that stocks such a wide range of things.

Yep , I mean the tunnels.

My Guinea pigs trash one within a week - but they have so much fun doing it!

I prefer not to buy things from Pets at Home - or any other pet shop that sells live rodents. However, I do know that Pets at Home sell the sea grass tunnels that my Guinea pigs love
Yes, our three love the sea grass tunnels, but don't like any of the little treat packets. They prefer fresh veggies which is probably better for them than packets of piggy junk food lol!

Tunnels are also a hit here. Often pet shop packeted treats are full of sugar and un-healthy.

Last edited:
Tunnels are also a hit here. Often pet shop packeted treats are full of sugar and healthy.

Yeh - I don't give my guinea pigs treat bars at all - they get their treats with different types of hay and the occasional pinch of forage or readigrass

Mine like the herbal forage, I normally order it from vet uk. They have a little bit once a week!

Whilst I don;t like shopping at P@H, I get what's best for my pigs from wherever stocks the best stuff for them (many of mine have long term medical conditions/eating issues/gut problems)

I buy P@H nuggets - because I have found they are the best to liquidise for syringe feeding. My pigs hate Oxbow critical care....and whilst I keep Supreme recovery in my storecupboard, I find the P@H nuggets the most popular and cost-effective as a syringe feed (and I do a lot of syringe feeding!) The oil content is slightly higher than other brands making it easier to draw up the syringe and help them maintain their weight.

I buy the Woodlands "Dandelion Delight" and "Clover & Plantain mix" - because this is good dried herbal forage that my special needs pigs (who can;t eat any fresh greens) are able to eat without gut issues.

I also buy AlfalfaKing Timothy hay - again in small quantities- as it is good for my dental/gut pigs.

Grass tunnels look OK ....but I have never tried them.

As for the treat bars etc - I wouldn't touch any of them with a bargepole!

HTH
x

Don't know if you have a poundstretcher near you but i just found out they do guinea pig stuff. And toys are a good option. My pigs have tunnels and gnaws with hidey holes for treats. I wouldn't recommend those woven balls though! They loved it but they destroyed it quickly and worse... Biscuits head got stuck in it! It was fine because i was there to help but i'm glad it never happened when i was out.

I know this is a gnawing thing... But Amber will demolish one of these!
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/guinea-pig-toys/naturals-gnaw-stone-stack?pageSize=46#

Also she loves this! and she loves playing with it too! Its a fitness foodball! You can keep stuffing it with hay after they've eaten all the provided hay too :)
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/guinea-pig-treats/quiko-fitness-foodball-carrot?pageSize=61#

You can get them both in store as well!
Fitness Foodball **WARNING**
One of our piggies got her head stuck in this before Christmas, I had to try and gently pull it off. She was shaking her head and trying to run backwards away from it, bumping into everything and it wouldn't come off. Luckily I caught her and pulled it off without injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back