• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pets @Home..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Remember my post about Malcolm who was in with Marjorie a rather large rabbit,well guess what?as lot's of u predicted there is now another piggie in with Marjorie,they haven't changed the sign,so there is another Malcolm in trouble :'( :'(,I spoke to thre manager who denied that it was a problem.I can't take another as I'm due a rescue any day and you all know how delicate things are with me and my hubby and piggies,and yes u are all right the spiral will continue,is there nothing we can do ,what about the R.S.P.C.A? :-\

... go and secretly steal the sign?

*sigh*

I am afraid there is nothing you can do apart from telling local people how they are trying to rip people off and get them to buy piggies by making up sad stories. Try to make them look like liars (which they are) to the local people, because that is just not on, is it?

sallym said:
Remember my post about Malcolm who was in with Marjorie a rather large rabbit,well guess what?as lot's of u predicted there is now another piggie in with Marjorie,they haven't changed the sign,so there is another Malcolm in trouble :'( :'(,I spoke to thre manager who denied that it was a problem.I can't take another as I'm due a rescue any day and you all know how delicate things are with me and my hubby and piggies,and yes u are all right the spiral will continue,is there nothing we can do ,what about the R.S.P.C.A? :-\

Yes, the spiral continues, there are plenty more Malcolms being bred and supplied to pet shops up and down the country. The ploy of putting a guinea pig in is just to sell the bunny as you have discovered :(

The RSPCA won't want to know, there is no law saying that rabbits and guineas cannot be kept together. As long as they have food, water and are in reasonable condition their hands are tied.

In my opinion, the best thing any of us can do is not buy guinea pigs from these places and avoid wherever possible buying anything from them. Write and tell them why...then get on with your life. Love your little guy and say a prayer for the animals you can't do anything about. If you are able try and work with and help your local guinea rescue to promote animal welfare.

Sorry to be negative, but I sincerely can't see anything more you can do :'(
Take care and good luck with your new arrival.
Barbara

Just heart wrenching i too look at the local pet shop and get soooooooooo cross grrrrrrrrr
Then i know i just have to walk away they're sick of me asking for them to replace food and put piggies and rabbits separate DAM MORONS

You could try taking some information in about not keeping rabbits and pigs together?

I wonder if there is a fact sheet anyone on here has they could give you? It probably wont work, but might give the owner some things to think about.

EDIT: Ive just noticed it is in P@Home- I'm sure their new company policy says no pigs and rabbits to be sold together! They are also phasing out keeping them in the same pens in store...so I would write a stern letter to the head office and point out what this store is doing.

they are advertising for staff at a new PAH store opening here in january but I just cannot bring myself to apply my sis in law also was going to apply but as shes an ex vet nurse i explain and she said forget it shed go beserk shes like me and would speak my mind, at least the new ruling is they wont be doing it much longer

This is why I totally disagree that it's a "rescue" if you "rescue" from a pet shop. Inevitably, your money contributes to buying more poor piggies to take their place and we can't "rescue" them all, can we?

Typical Pets at Home - it's their "policy" to house the rabbits and cavies together but not the hamsters and gerbils. Strange that, isn't it?

daftscotslass said:
This is why I totally disagree that it's a "rescue" if you "rescue" from a pet shop. Inevitably, your money contributes to buying more poor piggies to take their place and we can't "rescue" them all, can we?

Typical Pets at Home - it's their "policy" to house the rabbits and cavies together but not the hamsters and gerbils. Strange that, isn't it?
When I call Malcolm a rescue it is purely from the fact that I have rescued Malcolm from being kicked etc...by that poor rabbit!!,wrong choice of words no doubt ,anyway now getting a friend for Malcolm and some hamsters from my local RESCUE,HOPE THAT COUNTS :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back