• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Phoebe

Status
Not open for further replies.

helen105281

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's been a week and am only now able to even think about her tribute. Will keep it brief as I am still numb.

Phoebe arrived almost 3 years ago from our local rescue with Katie who was a few months older. For the first year or so they lived together with the herd until we experienced some dominance issues in the herd and made the decision to split the herd into 3. We decided to split the skinnies due to Katie's inability to accept that all of the cozies don't belong to her and she would reverse in on top of Phoebe no matter how many they had.

Once the group was split, Phoebe's relationship with Barney blossomed, and I have never seen 2 pigs so close and I don't think I will see it again.

Phoebe was one of the friendliest pigs, the day she arrived she immediately went trotting up to each and every one of the herd to introduce herself and she was accepted straight away, she also had the loudest wheek imaginable and led the veg wheeking, even responding to the OH's veg whistle. She knew the sound of her name too and used to wheek back at me when I said
P-oebe pig in a high pitched voice.

Two weeks ago, the unthinkable happened, Phoebe ran under the OH's feet as he stepped through the cage and despite being rushed straight to the vets and to Simon a few days later, we lost her after a week long battle.

Phoebe had a few health issues and taught us so much about caring for skinnies, but the biggest thing she taught us was the fact that a poorly skinny needs twice as much feeding as a poorly hairy pig. That is something we will never forget and her battle won't be in vain. It is her legacy I suppose.

Most photos are in the depths of my Photobucket but here are a few of my favourites, including some with her beloved Barney (see the post below as I had issues posting them).image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea why the photos have loaded so many times, and I can't turn them round, so it will have to do.

Thank you, am sure I have pressed something wrong, though I did only put them on once.

Thank you, I can't save them on my Chromebook so will go and delete from original post.

BIG HUGS

I am so sorry that you have lost your lovely special girl under those circumstances; I know how hard you fought for her. Phoebe had the happiest of piggy lives with the best of friends. I am sure that she is busy making lots new ones already at the Rainbow Bridge!

RIP Phoebe

What a beautiful Tribute Helen, She was obviously a very lucky girl to have you, and visa versa. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sleep tight beautiful Phoebe over rainbow bridge x x

Phoebe had a fantastic life with you and Ross. It is so unfair she was taken from you. These beautiful pictures are lovely. She was very photogenic. I am so very sorry for your loss. Xx

What a smashing piggy she looked! Very photogenic, love her colourings. You must miss her massively she will be making new friends over the bridge x

What a little character - that 2nd photo is so full of pigsonality! Lots and lots of hugs to you and endless popcorns to the beautiful Phoebe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back